- Table View
- List View
Steve and Bob thought they had found paradise in the small Indian village located in the lush jungle mountains of Michoacan, Mexico. Steve also discovered Pati, a dark-eyed Indian beauty and he was at peace ... until the soldiers came on a June morning in 1973. In an instant, Steve and Bob's life would take a very dangerous turn. They were captured, tortured, and held in some of Mexico's worst prisons. There would be no judge, no jury, and no trial. Brought to the edge of despair, they endured prison riots, starvation, and horrible living conditions. They survived only through their friendship and a much needed sense of humor. When they are informed by a sympathetic guard that Steve is to be killed, it is time to formulate a desperate plan to be free or die trying. This book is based on the actual events that occurred to Stephen Wilson.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the "Using Bookshare" page in the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivona's Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.