- Table View
- List View
When Muffy's father becomes the new soccer coach, the team is happy at first--everyone gets new uniforms and ice cream. But then the kids realize Mr. Crosswire isn't like the old coach, and they begin to wonder if he really cares. Can the players and Coach Crosswire figure out what being a team is all about? Picture descriptions present.
Fern dares Arthur and his friends to enter the poetry writing contest at the local library, but writing poems turns out to be harder than they thought.
Loaded with archival photographs and amazing facts, the DK Biography series introduces young readers to some of history's most interesting and influential characters. From his early life in Hawaii and Indonesia, to his work as a community organizer in Chicago, to his first months in the Oval Office, DK Biography: Barack Obama tells the story of the 44th president of the United States.
Ten-year-old Winnie and her mother spend the summer of 1867 with Winnie's father, a mining engineer for the Central Pacific Railroad. While the Central Pacific weathers a strike by the Chinese immigrant laborers, Winnie's view of the world is forever changed by Lee Cheng, a young tea carrier. Illustrations.
A snake dreams up an unusual Mother's Day gift. Violet is a young snake who likes to play with the other animals in the forest. But when spring arrives, her friends get very busy making presents for Mother's Day. Violet is glad everyone's working so hard, but what can she do for her own mother? Without arms or legs or teeth, she can't make gifts as the other animals can. Then Violet discovers that there is one thing she can do that's different-and comes up with the most original gift of all!
What can your dad do? Can he climb the highest mountain? Or swim to the bottom of the sea? In this heartwarming story about how dads are strong, brave, and all-around great, dads can do anything. Includes a sheet of fun stickers!From the Trade Paperback edition.
In 1735 in New York City, a young printer's apprentice learns about the importance of freedom of speech when the printer Peter Zenger is arrested and tried for writing articles criticizing the government.
In 1814, when their father leaves them in charge of the Scituate lighthouse outside of Boston, two teenaged sisters devise a clever way to avert an attack by a British warship patrolling the Massachusetts coast.
Examines the races, tribes, wanderers, and explorers who may have found America before Columbus, including the prehistoric nomads who crossed the land bridge from Asia and possible Polynesian, Phoenician, and European visitors by sea.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the "Using Bookshare" page in the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivona's Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.