- Table View
- List View
When Muffy's father becomes the new soccer coach, the team is happy at first--everyone gets new uniforms and ice cream. But then the kids realize Mr. Crosswire isn't like the old coach, and they begin to wonder if he really cares. Can the players and Coach Crosswire figure out what being a team is all about? Picture descriptions present.
Fern dares Arthur and his friends to enter the poetry writing contest at the local library, but writing poems turns out to be harder than they thought.
Loaded with archival photographs and amazing facts, the DK Biography series introduces young readers to some of history's most interesting and influential characters. From his early life in Hawaii and Indonesia, to his work as a community organizer in Chicago, to his first months in the Oval Office, DK Biography: Barack Obama tells the story of the 44th president of the United States.
Ten-year-old Winnie and her mother spend the summer of 1867 with Winnie's father, a mining engineer for the Central Pacific Railroad. While the Central Pacific weathers a strike by the Chinese immigrant laborers, Winnie's view of the world is forever changed by Lee Cheng, a young tea carrier. Illustrations.
A snake dreams up an unusual Mother's Day gift. Violet is a young snake who likes to play with the other animals in the forest. But when spring arrives, her friends get very busy making presents for Mother's Day. Violet is glad everyone's working so hard, but what can she do for her own mother? Without arms or legs or teeth, she can't make gifts as the other animals can. Then Violet discovers that there is one thing she can do that's different-and comes up with the most original gift of all!
What can your dad do? Can he climb the highest mountain? Or swim to the bottom of the sea? In this heartwarming story about how dads are strong, brave, and all-around great, dads can do anything. Includes a sheet of fun stickers!From the Trade Paperback edition.
In 1735 in New York City, a young printer's apprentice learns about the importance of freedom of speech when the printer Peter Zenger is arrested and tried for writing articles criticizing the government.
In 1814, when their father leaves them in charge of the Scituate lighthouse outside of Boston, two teenaged sisters devise a clever way to avert an attack by a British warship patrolling the Massachusetts coast.
Examines the races, tribes, wanderers, and explorers who may have found America before Columbus, including the prehistoric nomads who crossed the land bridge from Asia and possible Polynesian, Phoenician, and European visitors by sea.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.