- Table View
- List View
Arthur Laffer -- the father of supply-side economics and a member of President Reagan's Economic Policy Advisory Board -- joins economist Stephen Moore of The Wall Street Journal editorial board and investment advisor Peter J. Tanous to send Americans an urgent message: We risk losing the exceptional standard of living that has made us the envy of the rest of the world if the pro-growth policies of the last twenty-five years are reversed by a new president. Since the early 1980s, the United States has experienced a wave of prosperity almost unprecedented in history in terms of wealth creation, new jobs, and improved living standards for all. Under the leadership of Presidents Ronald Reagan and Bill Clinton, Americans changed the incentive structure on taxes, inflation, and regulation, and as a result the economy roared back to life after the anti-growth, high-inflation 1970s. Now the rest of the world is following the American economic growth model of lower tax rates, more economic freedom, and sound money. Paradoxically, one country is moving away from these growth policies and putting its prosperity at risk -- America. On the eve of a critical presidential election, Laffer, Moore, and Tanous provide the factual information every American needs in order to understand exactly how we achieved the prosperity many people have come to take for granted, and explain how the policies of Democrats Barack Obama, Hillary Clinton, and Nancy Pelosi can cause America to lose its status as the world's growth and job creation machine. The End of Prosperity is essential reading for all Americans who value our nation's free enterprise system and high standard of living, and want to know how to protect their own investments in the coming storm.
A VITAL ROAD MAP TO HELP OUR COUNTRY REGAIN ITS LOST PROSPERITY! With the economy flat on its back, unemployment at a twenty-five-year high, and the housing default crisis still worsening, is it even possible to turn our financial problems around? Economic icon Arthur B. Laffer and journalist Stephen Moore believe America can once again become the land of economic opportunity, and this brilliant new book tells us exactly how. In their rousing clarion call against the government's current fiscal strategies, The End of Prosperity, the authors focused on how lowering taxes will promote economic growth. Now, they detail the other crucial components. Simply put, the keys to prosperity are low, flat-rate taxes; government spending restraint; sound and stable money; free trade; and minimal regulation. This book gives concrete proposals on how to return to prosperity using common sense principles of good economic behavior. While most of the proposed solutions to our economic decline are fraught with peril, Return to Prosperity provides a refreshing counterbalance--a prescription for the fundamental tools America needs in order to set out on the road to recovery. It is essential reading for anyone who worries that the current economy is faltering, with no clear plan articulated to stop it.ounterbalance. The Return to Prosperity is a prescription that gives America the fundamental tools it needs in order to set about recovery. This book is an urgently needed road map to renewed prosperity, and it is vital reading for anyone who worries that the current economy is faltering, with no clear plan articulated for recovery.
REMEMBER, REMEMBER THE FIFTH OF NOVEMBER. Imagine a Britain stripped of democracy: a world of the not-too-distant future, in which freedom was not lost, but surrendered willingly to a totalitarian regime that rose to power by exploiting the people's worst fears and most damning weaknesses. This is the setting for the parable of Evey, a young woman who is saved from death by a masked man calling himself only V. Beguiling and dangerous, V ignites the fuse of revolution when he urges his fellow citizens to wake up and shed the blanket of tyranny and oppression in which they have permitted themselves to be cloaked. While those in power take steps to neutralize the threat, the police pursue the mystery of V, unaware of the terrible truth that awaits them at the end of the trail. It is Evey, however, who, with V as her enigmatic guide, sets out on the most painful path of all: a journey of deception and self-discovery, deconstruction and re-creation, vindication and vengeance.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.