- Table View
- List View
Going far beyond the usual advice to stock up on freeze-dried food and live in a bunker, financial journalist Leeb is convinced our dependence on oil and the dwindling supply is a classic case of impending disaster, in which most will suffer but those who follow his investment advice will become very, very rich. He covers how we tend to think about energy as an everlasting resource, the ways in which government and other institutions are aggravating the problem and what they could do to solve it, the conditions of everyday life in a world of constant energy crisis, the development of China and India as mega-markets that hasten the energy doomsday, and proactive ways to make the most of what he believes will be a desperate situation. Annotation ©2006 Book News, Inc., Portland, OR (booknews.com)
In these extraordinarily uncertain economic times, bestselling author Dr. Stephen Leeb has very carefully analyzed some of the basic and fundamental flaws of our economy, and his arguments are both compelling and frightening. Yes, we already know that we are in desperate need of finding alternative sources of energy, but what Leeb details is just how close we really are to running out of oil, and that popular alternative plans such as wind power, solar power, ethanol, nuclear energy, and so on just aren't going to serve as the immediate answers. Leeb makes it abundantly clear that the clock is ticking....and it's time to wake up. When Stephen Leeb wrote the national bestseller THE COMING ECONOMIC COLLAPSE a few years ago, he predicted that the price of oil would quickly soar past $100 a barrel and push the price of gas at the pump to $4.00 a gallon. At the time of that book's publication, gas cost $2.50 and oil was around $65 a barrel. Now - in the most dramatic and most important book that Leeb has written to date - he shows how the combination of several key factors - including inflation, the every weakening dollar, the soaring price of oil, increasing competition from China and India, and our runaway national debt - are going to make for a very rocky road for Americans in the next few years. The good news is that Leeb provides some key and valuable information as to how smart investors can survive. Is gold still the answer? What stocks will actually thrive in a down market? What happens to the real estate market? What professions will be the best ones to choose? All of these issues, and much more, are covered by Leeb in GAME OVER. It's startling but mandatory reading.
Financial guru Stephen Leeb shows how following oil prices can lead investors to real financial security. A storm is coming-an inflationary 'perfect storm' whipped up by skyrocketing oil prices that will lay waste to millions of portfolios if investors don't prepare.Renowned financial advisor Stephen Leeb asserts that in this perilous period, oil prices will drive all other economic indicators. But there is a way to diversify away from disaster, by dedicating a significant part of one's portfolio to real assets that keep their value relative to inflation. Here, Leeb helps readers pick the 'energy-producer star performers,' and reveals the 'double payoff' to investing in metals like platinum and silver. He also explains why the stocks of 'mega-insurers' are a safe bet, and shows how investing in real estate does not have to mean actually owning it. Filled with sound advice for an unstable marketplace, this is the book no one with a 401K can afford to miss.
"I would caution readers to dismiss Stephen Leeb's warnings only at their peril." -Thomas Kaplan, chairman, Tigris Financial Group The American Dream is close to being replaced by a living nightmare: Key commodities that are essential to our daily lives and that are widely believed to be abundant are running critically short. Even worse, the Chinese are doing what they can to monopolize the world's dwindling resources.The U.S. is now largely dependent on our greatest economic rival for rare earth elements as well as a host of other minerals-all of which are absolutely essential to the development of alternative energies and are critically important for our defense industry, computers, cell phones, and other electronic devices. While America has been fighting wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, China has focused its substantial muscle on securing vital commodities from these and other lands to upgrade its infrastructure and industrial strength to meet the resource challenge head-on.China has wrapped itself in the green flag of combating climate change while systematically discouraging other nations from adopting similar policies in a bid to gain time to achieve its plans. RED ALERT is a provocative and frightening look at the growing political, economic, and social power of China and the threat that nation poses to the Western world. It lays out how the Chinese are strategizing to overtake the United States as the world's premier economic power-and details how our failure to respond quickly will result in a permanently lower standard of living for Americans. Peppered with startling statistics, charts, and evidence of how China continues to expand its economic reach, RED ALERT is both controversial and powerful in its scope.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.