- Table View
- List View
Midnight. August 4, 1995. The eerie lights of the deserted airfield play across the exhausted face of Detective Randy Crawford. For almost six months, he's been chasing a convicted serial killer, John Lee Fellowes, across the back roads of Maryland. Now Crawford, with the aid of Deputy Harris Green, has cornered Fellowes at last, in the sleepy little town of Burkittsville. But is it a human killer they must confront -- or an evil force from out of the past, given life in the shape of a man? Long before the rest of America had heard of the Blair Witch, two good men in the Black Hills of Burkittsville faced down a demon out of the past.
Almost every woman has uttered, "He just doesn't get it!" in frustration when her partner drives her crazy -- or to tears. Now this dramatically different relationship guide reveals the hidden reasons why. He Just Doesn't Get It! offers simple solutions to the problems women have with the infuriating, confusing, difficult -- and absolutely wonderful -- guys they love, including: "Why are men so selfish?" "How can they be so oblivious?" "Are men intimacy-impaired?" "Will he ever grow up?" "Will he ever understand me and love me in the way I long to be loved?" Nationally known relationship counselor Ellen Sue Stern has worked with thousands of women who have asked the exact same questions about their boyfriends or husbands -- regardless of their age, background, or length of time in a relationship. Why is it that men don't make the same effort women do to please their mate, improve intimacy, or create a more satisfying union? Focusing on fifteen of the most common relationship problems, Ellen Sue Stern supplies the answers -- and the unseen motivations underlying men's behavior -- as if she's been there herself (she has!). She will astonish you with her on-target descriptions of how you react to his behavior -- and how you unwittingly may be making things worse. With specific advice on what to do when he takes you for granted, accuses you of acting like his mother, or proclaims, "I need more space," she shows you how to turn things around immediately, even if "He just doesn't get it!" With counsel that's exciting, practical, and best of all, effective, Ellen Sue Stern gives you the power to dramatically improve your relationship -- and feel better about yourself while you're at it.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.