- Table View
- List View
It's been ten years since Richard Bickerstaff sat down to breakfast and an alien climbed out of his cereal bowl! Join Richard and Aric, a tiny, wisecracking creature from the planet Ganoob, as they battle to save the world from evil aliens in Aliens for Breakfast, Aliens for Lunch, and Aliens for Dinner. We're reissuing the trilogy with brand-new covers sporting a space age 10th Anniversary logo. Now a new generation of readers can experience the fun and adventure that won these books rave reviews and loyal fans! From the Hardcover edition.
When his fortune cookie cracks open and a tiny pink alien steps out, Richard Bickerstaff knows that he's in for more than a Chinese dinner. And he's right! Aric, that bossy extraterrestrial, needs Richard's help. He's got to keep pollution-loving aliens from turning Earth into a Toxic Waste Theme Park. The trouble is, they've already started, and they're moving fast! Can Richard and Aric stop the total trashing of the planet? Kids will love this very funny Stepping Stones HUMOR title!From the Trade Paperback edition.
Richard Bickerstaff and his friend Henry are prisoners on Grax, a hostile planet. Aric, their tiny alien friend, has been taken from them--perhaps forever. And now they're eating lunch in a Graxian jail, face to face with a Turinga Death Machine! Can life get any more dangerous? Kids will love this very funny Stepping Stones HUMOR title!From the Trade Paperback edition.
It's a fun twist on the classic baseball story in this laugh-out-loud adventure from Matt Christopher. A Level 3 Passport to Reading title perfect for readers just about ready to read independently.Features:Read Aloud functionality [where available]Sight WordsBook Description:Mike has a special relationship with his dog, Harry. They can read each other's minds! Harry is able to help Mike out with tips about the opposing players on the baseball field, but Mike's having trouble with his pitches--and the buddies need to work together to save the game!
Since 1922, the name Emily Post has represented good manners based on kindness, courtesy, and unselfishness. Today, the third generation of Post authors, Peggy Post and Cindy Post Senning, offers the children of the twenty-first century a comprehensive guide to good manners. This book is full of the simple, practical advice that Emily herself would have offered. Written with kids in mind and full of bold illustrations, emily post's the guide to good manners for kids is a reference guide that children will use and parents can trust. It covers just about every situation a kid will face: writing thank-you notes attending after-school events using the Internet safely speaking -- politely -- on cell phones participating in weddings helping out at home Emily Post's The Guide to Good Manners for Kids has all the information on etiquette busy children -- and busy parents -- will need as they go about their daily lives.
Which fork do I use? How do you use chopsticks? Is it okay to answer my cell phone during dinner? What is the polite way to eat spaghetti? These and other important questions are answered in this handy guide to eating without grossing people out. Pretty much everything you need to know to get you through any meal is here-from table settings, to eating tricky foods, to holding up your end of a dinner conversation. Written by two codirectors of The Emily Post Institute, the most trusted name in etiquette, Emily Post's Table Manners for Kids isn't just for fancy parties and dinner at your grandmother's house. It's got basic information you can use every day to improve your social life.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.