- Table View
- List View
Called for a PurposeThe letters of Peter and Jude challenge you to recognize your identity as a chosen friend of God--and therefore, to live a holy life. Originally addressed to persecuted believers of the first century, these words encourage you to face trials with a living hope, certain of Christ's return, and warn you of the danger of false teaching and spiritual lethargy--advice as timely today as it was for the early Christians. If you are serious about understanding God's purpose for you, you've come to the right place. From the Trade Paperback edition.
Living on Solid GroundMost couples struggle at some point in their relationship with hard questions of marriage and family life, such as, what is God's primary purpose for marriage? What does it mean for a man to be the head of a home? Is divorce ever acceptable? How do we raise children who will love God? What does God have to say about the way we communicate, or about sexual intimacy?Authors Steve and Dee Brestin have wrestled with these questions in their own marriage and have found that God's Word is the only reliable blue-print for marriage and family life. This study will guide you through the encouragement that the Bible gives for those relationships. Jesus told us the storms will come and batter our homes, but if we obey him, our house will stand firm.
Most couples struggle at some point in their relationship with hard questions of marriage and family life, such as, what is God's primary purpose for marriage? What does it mean for a man to be the head of a home? Is divorce ever acceptable? How do we raise children who will love God? What does God have to say about the way we communicate, or about sexual intimacy?
To be rich in friends is true wealth! These studies focus on the treasure of good relationships. Here you will find vivid profiles of friends in the Bible like Jonathan and David, Ruth and Naomi, Barnabas, Abraham, and Jesus-the preeminent Friend and Brother.
This study guide is designed to help you in your walk toward Christian maturity. If you are hungering and thristing, you are already on the threshold of higher ground.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.