- Table View
- List View
Christian family advocate Steve Farrar insists you can carve out a happy home life from this new American wilderness, but it takes a wide-awake, jungle-wise mom and dad with an accurate compass and a sharp machete!
Bestselling author Steve Farrar has good news for the average man: it doesn't matter if you've had a great start in the Christian life, or a rough one. It doesn't matter if you've stumbled time and again, or even fallen flat on your face. What matters most in this all-important race of life is how you finish. According to Farrar, the man who hangs in there for the long haul with his wife, his kids, and his Lord is an exception these days. Finishing Strong, now in trade paperback, offers lively use of Scripture, contemporary illustrations, and study questions to equip every reader to be that exception. For the man who wants to climb the character ladder more than the corporate one, this is an essential tool.From the Trade Paperback edition.
In Gettin' There, bestselling author Steve Farrar delves into the book of Psalms to give men a new sense of continuity, direction, purpose, and perspective. The Psalms are like a marked trail through life, showing that others have walked ahead and faced many of the challenges, temptations, heartaches, and perplexities that men will encounter on their journeys. Farrar shows that when a man begins to understand that the strong and caring hand of God is sovereign over everything in his life -- including his trials and heartaches -- his confidence, hope, and joy will increase dramatically in the God who created him and desires to use him. Now in paperback!
There is no more room in our lives. Yet every new day brings more commitments demanding to be squeezed in. Overcoming Overload helps frenzied men and women weed out wrong ideas about life and rediscover God's essential principles of balanced living, including:*You Need a Sovereign *You Need to Be out of Your Mind *You Need a Few Good Friends *You Need to Simplify* You Need to Celebrate the Goodness of God. This biblical way of life promises rest, satisfaction, and contentment amidst daily responsibilities. Leave the overwhelmed life and discover the abundant life!From the Hardcover edition.
This bestselling classic encourages and equips Christian men to lead their families successfully through hazards and ambushes like divorce, promiscuity, suicide, and drug addiction. Men will find practical insight on topics such as a father's influence, maintaining purity, and husband-and-wife teamwork. In this war, renowned men's author Steve Farrar emphasizes, Jesus Christ is looking for men who will not die, but live for their families.From the Trade Paperback edition.
A leader must stand tall enough for his followers to find him. "As the God-appointed captain of his family," says Steve Farrar, "a man faces the challenge of spying out the social territory, marking danger zones, and taking stands to protect those in his charge." It's an active leadership role -- and Farrar's been training men to succeed in it for over ten years. In this paperback rerelease of his popular Standing Tall, the men's ministries leader "walks tall" through America -- observing politics, abortion, the gay movement, media trends, and the loss of our "moral boundaries." Farrar offers men sure biblical foundations on which to stand for faith-based living -- closing with "Seven Ways to Help Your Kids Stand Tall." A study guide/appendix makes it great for group use, too!From the Trade Paperback edition.
Men's conference speaker and bestselling author Steve Farrar takes readers through the Psalms to see how David endured crushing pressure and fiery trials and emerged a great man, shaped by the hand of God. Men facing difficult challenges in life will relate to chapters on Depression, Betrayal, When Your Family Is Falling Apart, Living With a Bad Decision, Living With Your Critics, and When Your Career Is Interrupted. Farrar encouragingly illustrates how David depended on God to overcome the same sins and trials -- still remaining "a man after God's own heart."
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.