- Table View
- List View
Baffert offers a frank--and frankly funny--portrayal of his border town roots and rapid rise to the top of the Sport of Kings, horse racing. A riveting and revealing tale of what it takes to become America's No. 1 trainer.
Volume 2 of the Thoroughbred Legends series is based around the 1960's speedster Dr Fager. The book follows him from the beginning of his racing career to his brief yet impressive stud career.
Interlaced with humor, this book looks at the pitfalls and pressures owners, trainers, and jockeys face at Derby time and why most fail, while others, notably the "big three" of D. Wayne Lukas, Bob Baffert, and Nick Zito, always seem to win the big prize.
Volume 10 of the Thoroughbred Legends series follows the rag to riches story of John Henry. This little unwanted horse rose to become one of racings most beloved runners.
Volume 21 of the Thoroughbred Legends series centers around the gelding, Kelso. The book follows him throughout his unparalleled five straight Horse of the Year titles.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the "Using Bookshare" page in the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivona's Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.