- Table View
- List View
20th Century Science and Technology is a decade-by-decade account of scientists and their breakthroughs, inventors and their inventions that have shaped the modern world.
Discover how living things adapt to the world around them, creating millions of different species. Explore the fascinating world of living things, including the processes that keep animals and plants alive, and how people study them. Fact boxes that introduce the most amazing plants and animals are featured in this book along with colorful photographs that show the incredible diversity of life. This book includes a glossary and resources for further research. New edition ISBN: 1403488436 (hardcover)
Take a new look at the human body. Find out what happens to the food you eat as it makes its journey through your body. Using interesting photos and facts, this book will really make you think about your body and the amazing things that go on inside you every second. You'll never feel the same way about yourself!
Take a new look at the human body. Find out how your heart, lungs, and blood work together to keep you alive. Using interesting photos and facts, this book will really make you think about your body and the amazing things that go on inside you every second. You'll never feel the same way about yourself!
A compendium of shell scripting recipes that can immediately be used, adjusted, and applied The shell is the primary way of communicating with the Unix and Linux systems, providing a direct way to program by automating simple-to-intermediate tasks. With this book, Linux expert Steve Parker shares a collection of shell scripting recipes that can be used as is or easily modified for a variety of environments or situations. The book covers shell programming, with a focus on Linux and the Bash shell; it provides credible, real-world relevance, as well as providing the flexible tools to get started immediately. Shares a collection of helpful shell scripting recipes that can immediately be used for various of real-world challenges Features recipes for system tools, shell features, and systems administration Provides a host of plug and play recipes for to immediately apply and easily modify so the wheel doesn't have to be reinvented with each challenge faced Come out of your shell and dive into this collection of tried and tested shell scripting recipes that you can start using right away!
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ���DAISY Text with Images���.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.