- Table View
- List View
Five thousand years later, in the time of the Fourth Interstellar War, the advice still makes sense. The Bugs have a superior drive technology, overwhelming numbers, and a strategy that's mind-numbingly alien. For the humans and their enemies-turned-allies, the catlike Orions, choosing their strategy was as easy as One-Tzu-Three:
In the sequel to "In Death Ground," the Grand Alliance of Humans, Orions, Ophiuchi, and Gorm continue their battle against the Arachnids. The only possible outcome is either victory or racial extermination, and only one option is acceptable: The Shiva Option.
From legends of Vlad the Impaler to Twilight and HBO's True Blood, vampire stories permeate society. Learn the truth behind the fiction in this tell-all of the hunters who protect humanity from the vampiric threat!For centuries, vampires have wandered the shadows: watching, stalking, preying. But thanks to a group of dedicated and powerful hunters, the vampire threat has remained largely suppressed, evidence of their existence confined to the whispers of myth and folklore. But covens across the world have grown weary. The undead are preparing to rise up and claim their rightful place in society.Vampires: A Hunter's Guide contains all the information necessary to recognize and combat this growing threat. After an exploration into the origins of these undead creatures, it takes a look at the dozens of species that exist around the world today, placing particular emphasis on the role of the vampire hunter in quashing the rise of the undead throughout the centuries. Focusing on the hunters' weapons, tactics and skills, this book provides information on identifying and eliminating vampires by analyzing the best practices from hunters from around the world, accompanied by full-color illustrations of predator and prey. This is the ultimate resource in the fight to save humanity from the undead.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the "Using Bookshare" page in the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivona's Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.