- Table View
- List View
Chicken Soup for the Nature Lover's Soul: Inspiring Stories of Joy, Insight and Adventure in the Great Outdoorsby Jack Canfield Mark Victor Hansen Steve Zikman
From the Book Jacket: Nature is all-encompassing, an unending circle of events that touches every life on Earth. It's the rock in your flower-strewn garden. It's the first snowfall that covers that garden, leaving a downy white playground for the kids to explore. It's the pattern left in the snow by a passing doe, the same one that feasted on your blueberries last summer. Whether you are scaling a summit, camping with friends, floating peacefully along the river's edge or resting in a hammock in your own backyard, nature offers incomparable moments of exhilaration and adventure, beauty and awe, serenity and healing. Each story in Chicken Soup for the Nature Lover's Soul will provide that essential connection to nature in its many forms. As you read each piece, you'll be inspired to get out there and savor all that Mother Nature presents. You'll find that appreciating nature's splendor will soothe your sorrows, put things into much-needed perspective and add a revitalizing brilliance to your life. As author Rachel Carson revealed, "Those who contemplate the beauty of the Earth find reserves of strength that will endure as long as life lasts." Jack Canfield and Mark Victor Hansen, #1 New York Times and USA Today bestselling authors of the Chicken Soup for the Soul series, are professional speakers who have dedicated their lives to enhancing the personal and professional development of others. Steve Zikman is the author of The Power of Travel: A Passport to Adventure, Discovery and Growth and coauthor of Chicken Soup for the Traveler's Soul. He is also the founder of GOscape.com, which provides powerful tools to enrich, enhance and expand the appreciation of travel, the outdoors and the adventure of life.
Chicken Soup for the Traveler's Soul: Stories of Adventure, Inspiration and Insight to Celebrate the Spirit of Travelby Mark Victor Hansen Steve Zikman Jack L. Canfield
Whether your idea of travel at its finest, is trekking through Europe with a backpack, road-tripping across America in a fully loaded RV, Chicken Soup for the Traveler's Soul celebrates the people you'll meet and the lessons you'll learn.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.