- Table View
- List View
Chicken Soup for the Nature Lover's Soul: Inspiring Stories of Joy, Insight and Adventure in the Great Outdoorsby Jack Canfield Mark Victor Hansen Steve Zikman
From the Book Jacket: Nature is all-encompassing, an unending circle of events that touches every life on Earth. It's the rock in your flower-strewn garden. It's the first snowfall that covers that garden, leaving a downy white playground for the kids to explore. It's the pattern left in the snow by a passing doe, the same one that feasted on your blueberries last summer. Whether you are scaling a summit, camping with friends, floating peacefully along the river's edge or resting in a hammock in your own backyard, nature offers incomparable moments of exhilaration and adventure, beauty and awe, serenity and healing. Each story in Chicken Soup for the Nature Lover's Soul will provide that essential connection to nature in its many forms. As you read each piece, you'll be inspired to get out there and savor all that Mother Nature presents. You'll find that appreciating nature's splendor will soothe your sorrows, put things into much-needed perspective and add a revitalizing brilliance to your life. As author Rachel Carson revealed, "Those who contemplate the beauty of the Earth find reserves of strength that will endure as long as life lasts." Jack Canfield and Mark Victor Hansen, #1 New York Times and USA Today bestselling authors of the Chicken Soup for the Soul series, are professional speakers who have dedicated their lives to enhancing the personal and professional development of others. Steve Zikman is the author of The Power of Travel: A Passport to Adventure, Discovery and Growth and coauthor of Chicken Soup for the Traveler's Soul. He is also the founder of GOscape.com, which provides powerful tools to enrich, enhance and expand the appreciation of travel, the outdoors and the adventure of life.
Chicken Soup for the Traveler's Soul: Stories of Adventure, Inspiration and Insight to Celebrate the Spirit of Travelby Mark Victor Hansen Steve Zikman Jack L. Canfield
Whether your idea of travel at its finest, is trekking through Europe with a backpack, road-tripping across America in a fully loaded RV, Chicken Soup for the Traveler's Soul celebrates the people you'll meet and the lessons you'll learn.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the "Using Bookshare" page in the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivona's Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.