- Table View
- List View
The wisdom of peace and the absurdity of fighting are demonstrated in seventeen stories and poems by outstanding authors of today such as Jean Fritz, Milton Meltzer, and Nancy Willard.
Chicken Little and his feathered friends, alarmed that the sky seems to be falling, are easy prey to hungry Foxy Loxy when he poses as a police officer in hopes of tricking them into his truck.
Some mice seek refuge from cats and other dangers on an island, only to find that a skog is living there. But what is a skog, and what should they do? Other books by Steven Kellogg are available in this library.
Steven Kellogg retells the larger-than-life story of a true American hero -- John Chapman, better known as Johnny Appleseed.
Annie and her dog, Oscar, have had a busy day playing in the snow. And it only gets busier when Annie begins to search for her missing red mitten--the fifth one she's lost this winter! Is it on the sledding hill? By the snow fort? Did an eagle take it? Or maybe a mouse? Where could that adventurous mitten be? This brilliantly re-imagined edition of Steven Kellogg's classic best-seller, The Mystery of the Missing Red Mitten, will captivate a whole new generation of readers. Children will be charmed by Annie's lively imagination and by the delightful answer to a wholly irresistible mystery.
It soon becomes clear that Louis's pet tadpole is not turning into an ordinary frog.
Who was the largest baby ever born in the state of Maine? Who dug the Great Lakes? Who gouged out the Grand Canyon? Why, Paul Bunyan, of course, America's finest, fastest, funniest lumberman and favorite tall-tale hero.
You've heard tell of a long-ago city infested with rats. The Grand Duke of this place had commanded every grown-up to work night and day in his factories, and every child to take part in shooing the rats away from the monuments. But what you haven't heard is the tale of Peterkin the elf, a poor but cheerful fellow who had recently received the gift of a magical pipe. No, this isn't the pied piper you're imagining, a selfish and unforgiving man. This piper will work happy miracles before he resumes his journey. Open our book and see for yourself. Here's the Pied Piper tale reimagined as only beloved storyteller Steven Kellogg could: whimsical, friendly, and full of glorious surprises--an unabashed statement about the transformative power of generosity and love.
In Snowflakes Fall, Newbery Medalist Patricia MacLachlan and award-winning artist Steven Kellogg portray life's natural cycle: its beauty, its joy, and its sorrow. Together, the words and pictures offer the promise of renewal that can be found in our lives--snowflakes fall, and return again as raindrops so that flowers can grow. MacLachlan and Kellogg, who are longtime friends, were moved to collaborate on a message of hope for children and their families following the tragic events in Sandy Hook, Connecticut, on December 14, 2012. Kellogg lived in Sandy Hook for thirty-five years--he raised his family there and was an active member of the community. With Snowflakes Fall, they have created a truly inspiring picture book that is both a celebration of life and a tribute to the qualities that make each individual unique. In honor of the community of Sandy Hook and Newtown, Random House, the publisher of Snowflakes Fall, has made a donation to the Sandy Hook School Support Fund. Random House is also donating 25,000 new books to the national literacy organization First Book in the community's honor and in support of children everywhere. From the Hardcover edition.
In this retelling of a well-known tale, Serafina Sow starts her own waffle-selling business in order to enable her three offspring to prepare for the future, which includes an encounter with a surly wolf.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the "Using Bookshare" page in the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivona's Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.