- Table View
- List View
Childhood obesity is a growing and worrying epidemic in our country. Kids these days are not getting the appropriate foods and healthy activity they need. They are bombarded constantly by marketers selling them on highly processed snacks, drinks, and junk food and they've become the victims of isolating technology which only enables them to stay at home instead of going outside to play. Combat Fat for Kids offers an alternative plan of action for parents to help their children become more aware of good decisions and initiate solid solutions to improve the health of the entire family and beat this deadly disease.Written by acclaimed fitness expert James Villepigue and noted health writer Jo Brielyn, Combat Fat for Kids offers a comprehensive plan that will finally help kids to form better health habits, a more active life and a very bright future. The nutritional and exercise programs featured in the book are effective because they are geared toward the mindset and interests of the family as a whole. The book encourages wholesome nutrition, including whole, unprocessed food choices and embraces local and sustainable food that their young body's were designed to consume. Daily activities are included, that will add a spark to their body's natural fat fighting defense, as well as "kid play", sports, and family-based events. Additional sections on behavioral change provides the proper psychological framework for ingraining healthy choices that will last a lifetime.Combat Fat for Kids includes expert advice and tips from top nutritionists, dieticians, fitness professionals, and psychologists to provide a highly reliable resource that's built on an easy-to-understand foundation that can be adapted to meet the needs of every family. Combat Fat for Kids is also a great and important tool for every parent interested in making the process a more collaborative one for the whole family.
In a freshly revisited and important text, Stuart Fischer summarizes the golden age of Kids' TV with entries for every important children's television program which aired between 1947 and 1972. It's a nostalgic journey that highlights the programs of imagination and creativity which influenced the baby boom generation and their children, listing important factual information for everything from "Howdy Doody" to "Sealab 2020."
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.