- Table View
- List View
Twelve-year-old Theodore "Teddy" Roosevelt Fitzroy believes that Henry, the hippopotamus at the brand-new FunJungle, has been murdered. The zoo's top brass claim the hippo went belly up the natural way, but Teddy and his feisty friend Summer McCraken have other ideas. Could the culprit be FunJungle's animal-hating head of operations? Or is it FunJungle's owner--Summer's dad--a man who is much more concerned about money than animal welfare? The deeper Teddy and Summer dig, the more danger they're in--because when it comes to hippo homicide, the truth can't be caged!nry won't be the only animal in the zoo to turn up dead. The deeper Teddy and Summer get, they had better make sure they want to know what they want to know because when it comes to hippo homicide, the truth can't be kept in a cage!
On the first day of a family trip to Paris, Greg Rich's parents disappear. They're not just missing from the city-they're missing from the century. So Greg does what any other fourteen-year-old would do: He travels through time to rescue them. Greg soon finds out that his family history is tied to the legendary Three Musketeers. But when he meets them, they're kids his age, and they'll only live long enough to become true heroes if he can save them. To rescue his parents, Greg must assume the identity of a young Musketeer in training and unite Athos, Porthos, Aramis, and D'Artagnan-but a powerful enemy is doing everything possible to stop him from succeeding.
Greg Rich is beginning to get the hang of things in 1615 Paris. Having assumed the identity of a young D'Artagnan, Greg united the legendary three Musketeers and succeeded in freeing his parents from a dank prison cell. But he hasn't figured out how to get home. Or how to defeat the dangerous Michel Dinicoeur. When Dinicoeur escapes from the Bastille and flees to Spain, the Musketeers charge through the French countryside in hot pursuit. The boys are unexpectedly joined by Milady de Winter and her friend Catherine. Along the way, the group is ambushed by knife-wielding thieves and assassins. Someone is anticipating their every move. But who? And how? There appears to be a traitor in their ranks, and if the Musketeers can't trust each other, who can they trust? It's "All for one, and one for all!" . . . Isn't it?
Greg Rich has traveled through time, become one of the legendary Musketeers, and--most recently-- prevented the Spanish army from attacking Paris. He should feel invincible. Instead, he and his friends languish in prison, having stumbled into a trap set by Milady and the Prince of Condé. But Greg didn't come to the seventeenth century to sit in a jail cell and await execution. He, Aramis, Athos, and Porthos are Musketeers, and King Louis is in immediate danger of being overthrown by the scheming prince. Faster than they can say "All for one, and one for all," the boys plot to break out of prison, defend Louis, and return Greg and his parents to the twenty-first century. Amid narrow escapes, flying arrows, and fiery explosions, the Musketeers battle to save the king-- and history itself. Because if the past changes, what happens to Greg's future?
School may be out for summer, but top-secret training continues for aspiring spy Ben Ripley--and so does the danger.Ben Ripley is a middle-schooler whose school is not exactly average--he's spent the last year training to be a top-level spy and dodging all sorts of associated danger. So now that summer's finally here, Ben's ready to have some fun and relax. Except that's not going to happen, because a spy-in-training's work is never done, and the threats from SPYDER, an enemy spy organization, are as unavoidable as the summer heat. Will Ben be able to keep his cover--and his cool?
Can an undercover nerd become a superstar secret agent? Maybe not, but it'll be fun to watch him try!Ben Ripley may only be in middle school, but he's already pegged his dream job: C.I.A. or bust. Unfortunately for him, his personality doesn't exactly scream "secret agent." In fact, Ben is so awkward, he can barely get to school and back without a mishap. Because of his innate nerdiness, Ben is not surprised when he is recruited for a magnet school with a focus on science--but he's entirely shocked to discover that the school is actually a front for a junior C.I.A. academy. Could the C.I.A. really want him?Actually, no. There's been a case of mistaken identity--but that doesn't stop Ben from trying to morph into a supercool undercover agent, the kind that always gets the girl. And through a series of hilarious misadventures, Ben realizes he might actually be a halfway decent spy...if he can survive all the attempts being made on his life!
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.