If you're sick of no-carb diets, or just looking for a healthy eating plan, then the GL Diet is for you. No more calculations, no calorie-counting and no more cravings for carbs - as long as you stick to foods that are low in GL, you can stay healthy and lose weight without having to go without. The GL Diet For Dummies explains the science behind the plan, helps you to incorporate GL into your everyday life and gives readers 80 recipes to try.
If you have a wheat allergy, gluten intolerance, coeliac disease, or just want to enjoy the benefits of a diet free from wheat, barley and rye, then this book is for you. Our expert author team of registered dieticians explain the basics of gluten intolerance and the medical problems associated with it, plus give you practical guidance on how to make the transition to a gluten-free lifestyle. Including over 60 delicious gluten-free recipes and tips on eating out, you can learn to control your food intake wherever you are.Living Gluten-Free For Dummies covers:Knowing what you can and can't eatShopping and deciphering food labelsCoping with a gluten-free lifestyle on a day to day basisCooking crowd-pleasing gluten-free mealsRaising healthy gluten-free kids
Nutrition For Dummies is for anyone who cares about what they eat, and wants to know about the facts, not the fads.Finding easy to understand and sensible advice on what you should be eating is easier said than done - advice seems to constantly change and fad diets only seem to help celebrities pile on the pounds in their bank account, rather than making any of us healthier! In this book, Nigel Denby and Sue Baic, two experienced and registered dieticians, dispel all myths and provide you with the information you need to eat for a healthy life. They explain every aspect of the subject from the basics about essential nutrients to the relationship between allergies and food and give you the knowledge and confidence to start making wise food choices.Inside you'll find information on:The Basic Facts about NutritionDigestion: The 24-Hour Food FactoryCalories: The EnergisersWhat You Get from FoodPowerful ProteinThe Lowdown on Fat and CholesterolCarbohydrates: A Complex StoryAlcohol: Another Form of Grape and GrainVigorous VitaminsMighty MineralsPhabulous PhytochemicalsWater WorksHealthy EatingWhy You Eat When You EatWhy You Like the Foods You LikeWhat Is a Healthy Diet?Making Wise Food ChoicesEating Smart When Eating OutWhat Is Food Processing?Cooking and NutritionFood and MedicineWhen Food Gives You a Rash Food and MoodFood and Drug InteractionsA Supplemental Story
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.