Mechanics Over Micro and Nano Scales covers the recent developments in the fields of mechanics in all forms over micro, meso and nano scales. Special emphasis is given to related novel applications and includes fundamental aspects of fluid and solid mechanics, soft matters, scaling laws, and synthetic biology. At the micro and nano scales, realization of many technologically viable ideas relies on the skillful integration of mechanics at macroscopic and molecular levels, both for solids as well as fluids. Research in the related areas is no longer confined to the understanding of the governing the physics of the system, but is also responsible for triggering a technological revolution at small scales. This book also: discusses the fundamentals of mechanics over micro and nano scales in a level accessible to multi-disciplinary researchers, with a balance of mathematical details and physical principles, covers life sciences and chemistry for use in emerging applications related to mechanics over small scales and demonstrates the explicit interconnection between various scale issues and the mechanics of miniaturized systems. Mechanics Over Micro and Nano Scales is an ideal book for researchers and engineers working in mechanics of both solids and fluids.
Microfluidics and Microfabrication discusses the interconnect between microfluidics, microfabrication and the life sciences. Specifically, this includes fundamental aspects of fluid mechanics in micro-scale and nano-scale confinements and microfabrication. Material is also presented discussing micro-textured engineered surfaces, high-performance AFM probe-based, micro-grooving processes, fabrication with metals and polymers in bio-micromanipulation and microfluidic applications. Editor Suman Chakraborty brings together leading minds in both fields who also: Cover the fundamentals of microfluidics in a manner accessible to multi-disciplinary researchers, with a balance of mathematical details and physical principles Discuss the explicit interconnection between microfluiodics and microfabrication from an application perspective Detail the amalgamation of microfluidics with logic circuits and applications in micro-electronics Microfluidics and Microfabrication is an ideal book for researchers, engineers and senior-level graduate students interested in learning more about the two fields.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.