- Table View
- List View
C. P. Scott, the founder editor of The Manchester Guardian, once said: "News is sacred, opinion is free." In India, news in a written format was always been considered the truth and has been more powerful than the spoken word. Not anymore.
As conversations and images get increasingly captured on the 'fly', the next generation of Indian literature will evolve across diverse media platforms dissolving old hegemonies and notions. It will impact writers in other Indian languages so that even literature in Indian languages will aspire to reach global audiences as publishers vie to translate works into German, French, Chinese, and other emerging language platforms. URBAN VOICE aims to capture this thrilling transformation by creating a platform for thinkers to capture 'next-in-line' trends and go beyond. URBAN VOICE will publish thought-provoking pieces from all areas in different forms. To give you an idea we are listing below few, not exhaustive in any way: -Comics -Current history -Essays -Fiction -Graphic novellas -Interviews -Photo essays -Publishing -Trend analyses
The book is a beautiful compilation of finely-crafted essays by well-known writers from the Indian subcontinent. The essays range from why India does not have primacy in Asia to the aroma of food.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.