- Table View
- List View
How to Grow African Violets discusses the history, origin, proper care and varieties of African Violets, one of the most popular houseplants of the 20th century.
Clear how-to information on soil preparation for each plant, plus detailed directions for planting and care.
To evoke the spirit of nature--that is the essence of bonsai. What place in nature is special to you? A spot under a blossoming cherry tree? A moss-carpeted forest? A pine-studded mountain crag? Your own bonsai can take you to that place. The first section of this book is for inspiration, to give you a feeling of the spirit of nature reflected in the art that is bonsai. The second section gives you the hands-in-the-dirt instructions that will bring that spirit of nature alive for you.
Whether you're shopping for ideas or looking for how-to information--or both--this book will guide you in planning and making your window treatments.
Greenhouse Gardening takes the reader through the intricacies of uding modern greenhouses to grow plants. Building a greenhouse, choosing plants, and special features of greenhouses are covered.
Catalogues common house plants from A to Z and provides tips for proper care.
Learn how to grow bulbs! This book teaches beginners about identifying and gardening bulbs. Also provided is botanical information and notes on the backgrounds of common bulbs.
Grow healthy plants with detailed information on planting, caring, and propagation.
A well illustrated recipe book of dishes made of ground beef and other ground meats.
Recipes for 1 or 2 people on soups, salads, sandwiches, meats, poultry, seafood, eggs, and cheese along with salad dressings, pate, vegetables and desserts. Also a recipe called Show-stopper Dutch Baby Pancake.
There are so many reasons readers will get attached to this new edition of Sunset's best-selling "Trellises & Arbors". For starters, it's all new, and expanded with 32 pages and over 250 brand-new photographs, many of which show how other homeowners have used obelisks, arbor benches, eye-catching latticework, and vegetable supports to provide privacy, form outdoor rooms, frame garden paths, and give climbing vines and roses a place to thrive. Then there are the projects themselves--more than 40 in all, ranging from a simple fan trellis to a dramatic tunnel arbor, giving builders of all skill levels a range of ways to create stunning garden focal points. Best of all, these projects use standard-dimension lumber and don't require special woodworking skills. Features: expanded edition with 32 additional pages, over 250 new how-to photographs, over 40 projects for beginning to advanced woodworkers, classic trellis and arbor designs that enhance any setting, and a new techniques chapter with information on safety, cutting methods, setting posts, and pouring concrete.
This all-new second edition, the companion book to the much-beloved Western Garden Book, promises to be just as successful as the first. Packed with expert advice from landscape designers, gardeners, and others, it addresses climatic, soil, and topographical challenge sand solutions for Arizona, California, Colorado, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, New Mexico, Oregon, Utah, Washington, Wyoming, and southwestern Canada. Features n The only landscaping guide designed specifically for Western gardeners n Over 600 photographs and dozens of ready-to-use landscape plans n Step-by-step illustrations and exploded views show easy, do-it-yourself solutions n Seasonal gardening guides and checklists ensure year-round success for experienced and novice gardeners alike n Easy-to-understand plant selection and growing instructions
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.