- Table View
- List View
Perfect for readers Libba Brays The Diviners and Cassandra Clares Clockwork Angel series, this spellbinding sequel to Something Strange and Deadly delivers a mix of intrigue, supernatural forces, intense romance, and revenge, all set against the enchanting backdrop of nineteenth-century Paris. With her brother dead and her mother insane, Eleanor Fitt is alone. Even the Spirit-Hunters--Joseph, Jie, and the handsome Daniel--have fled to Paris. So when Eleanor hears the vicious barking of hounds and see haunting yellow eyes, she fears that the Dead, and the necromancer Marcus, are after her. To escape, Eleanor boards a steamer bound for France. There she meets Oliver, a young man who claims to have known her brother. But Oliver harbors a dangerous secret involving necromancy and black magic that entices Eleanor beyond words. If she can resist him, shell be fine. But when she arrives in Paris, she finds that the Dead have taken over, and theres a whole new evil lurking. And she is forced to make a deadly decision that will go against everything the Spirit-Hunters stand for. In Paris, theres a price for this darkness strange and lovely, and it may have Eleanor paying with her life.
He has stolen Eleanor Fitts heart, but who was Daniel Sheridan before he became a Spirit-Hunter? In this suspenseful 100-page digital-original romance novella from Something Strange and Deadly author Susan Dennard, Daniels past--and his first love--will be exposed. With a checkered past like Daniel Sheridans, landing an apprenticeship aboard the Sadie Queen was just the fresh start he was looking for. But thats the last thing its been. Teeming with ghosts that plague the crew with horrific nightmares, this ship is more trouble than its worth to Daniel. Except for Cass. . . . Gorgeous and stubborn to a fault, apprentice pilot Cassidy Cochran is the one thing keeping Daniel on board. Though they started as best friends, their relationship has grown into something more intense. Their stolen, sometimes steamy moments have Daniel feeling something he never thought possible: love. Enlisting the help of a short-tempered Chinese boy named Jie and a Creole gentleman named Joseph, the three attempt to rid the boat of the ghosts--for if they dont, the Sadie Queen will be put out of business. And with Casss fatally-ill sister in need of expensive medical help, Daniel is more determined than ever to save the ship. But when he discovers that the ghosts are linked to a dangerous curse whose caster wants everyone on board dead, Daniel will come face-to-face with an evil so dark, so wicked, that it will change the course of his life forever. HarperTeen Impulse is a digital imprint focused on young adult short stories and novellas, with new releases the first Tuesday of each month.
Looking for your book club's next discussion-worthy read? Want a fun, thought-provoking book just for yourself? Preview six of summer's teen book club picks with sneak peeks of Fall from Grace by Charles Benoit, The Lost Code by Kevin Emerson, Something Strange and Deadly by Susan Dennard, Thumped by Megan McCafferty, Tiger Lily by Jodi Lynn Anderson, and A Want So Wicked by Suzanne Young. Join the Epic Reads Book Club and get in on the conversation about these books and others with Epic Reads on Facebook.
There's something strange and deadly loose in Philadelphia. . . . Eleanor Fitt has a lot to worry about. Her brother has gone missing, her family has fallen on hard times, and her mother is determined to marry her off to any rich young man who walks by. But this is nothing compared to what she's just read in the newspaper: The Dead are rising in Philadelphia. And then, in a frightening attack, a zombie delivers a letter to Eleanor . . . from her brother. Whoever is controlling the Dead army has taken her brother as well. If Eleanor is going to find him, she'll have to venture into the lab of the notorious Spirit-Hunters, who protect the city from supernatural forces. But as Eleanor spends more time with the Spirit-Hunters, including the maddeningly stubborn yet handsome Daniel, the situation becomes dire. And now, not only is her reputation on the line, but her very life may hang in the balance.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.