- Table View
- List View
A Teacher's Guide to Using the Common Core State Standards with Mathematically Gifted and Advanced Learnersby Gail Ryser Susan Assouline Susan Johnsen
A Teacher's Guide to Using the Common Core State Standards With Mathematically Gifted and Advanced Learners provides teachers and administrators with practical examples of ways to build a comprehensive, coherent, and continuous set of learning experiences for gifted and advanced students. It describes informal, traditional, off-level, and 21st century math assessments that are useful in making educational decisions about placement and programming. Featuring learning experiences for each grade within one math progression, the book offers insight into useful ways of both accelerating and enriching the CCSS mathematics standards. Each of the learning experiences includes a sequence of activities, implementation examples, and formative assessments. Specific instructional and management strategies for implementing the standards within the classroom, school, and school district will be helpful for both K-12 teachers and administrators.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.