- Table View
- List View
A Teacher's Guide to Using the Common Core State Standards with Mathematically Gifted and Advanced Learnersby Susan Johnsen Susan Assouline Gail Ryser
A Teacher's Guide to Using the Common Core State Standards With Mathematically Gifted and Advanced Learners provides teachers and administrators with practical examples of ways to build a comprehensive, coherent, and continuous set of learning experiences for gifted and advanced students. It describes informal, traditional, off-level, and 21st century math assessments that are useful in making educational decisions about placement and programming. Featuring learning experiences for each grade within one math progression, the book offers insight into useful ways of both accelerating and enriching the CCSS mathematics standards. Each of the learning experiences includes a sequence of activities, implementation examples, and formative assessments. Specific instructional and management strategies for implementing the standards within the classroom, school, and school district will be helpful for both K-12 teachers and administrators.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.