Independent study is one of the most frequently recommended instructional strategies for differentiating and individualizing instruction for gifted students. When compared to learning styles of more average students, gifted students like instructional strategies that emphasize independence such as in-depth study and discussion. Allow your gifted students to study a high-interest topic with depth and complexity. This book offers the advice you need to help your gifted students explore important content and show their learning in creative and innovative ways. From selecting a topic, to using innovative research strategies, to reporting results in an interesting way, this book shows you how to help your students succeed at independent study. This is one of the books in Prufrock Press' popular Practical Strategies Series in Gifted Education. This series offers a unique collection of tightly focused books that provide a concise, practical introduction to important topics concerning the education of gifted children. The guides offer a perfect beginner's introduction to key information about gifted and talented education.
RtI for Gifted Students provides a comprehensive overview of Response to Intervention (RtI) frameworks that include gifted students. One of the books featured in the CEC-TAG Educational Resource series, the book incorporates national, state, and local RtI models and how gifted learners can be included within these frameworks. Specific attention is given to addressing the needs of students who are twice-exceptional and to culturally responsive practices. The book concludes with ways of assessing a school's RtI model and challenges for using RtI in gifted education.
This guidebook helps university personnel design or revise teacher preparation courses in gifted education to align with the new standards required by NCATE for program accreditation.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.