- Table View
- List View
With a broad array of innovative print and technology resources, Glencoe "Earth Science" helps teachers differentiate and accommodate all learners. The range of labs, content area reading, discussion strategies, note-taking tools, and activities provides students with multiple experiences of each Science Benchmark. They give teachers flexibility and the ability to monitor student progress through ongoing assessment..
With a broad array of innovative print and technology resources, Glencoe Earth Science helps teachers differentiate and accommodate all learners. The range of labs, content area reading, discussion strategies, note-taking tools, and activities provides students with multiple experiences of each Science Benchmark. They give teachers flexibility and the ability to monitor student progress through ongoing assessment.
Earth science is the study of planet Earth and its place in space. Think about that. Where would you begin to study Earth? Would you break apart a mineral and magnify it a thousand times, like the sulfur crystals shown here, to unlock the secrets of its structure? Or would you gaze at the skies to learn more about our planet? Earth scientists do both. They study Earth close up and from a distance, using satellite cameras. In this unit, you will learn more about Earth science and the materials, such as minerals, that make up Earth.
Glencoe Earth Science contains unit lessons on Earth Materials, The Changing Surface of Earth, Earth's Internal Processes, Change and Earth's History, Earth's Air and Water, You and the Environment, Astronomy, etc.
This book is one of Glencoe Science's series. Students learn about the Earth's formation, erosion and weathering. In each chapter it provides Web Links, Standardized Test Practice, Chapter Review Quizzes-Eng., Chapter Review Quizzes-Sp., Interactive Tutor, Concept Animations, Virtual Lab, Math Practice.
The text contains unit lessons on: Structures, Processes and Responses of Plants, Structures, Processes and Responses of Animals, Earth's Atmosphere and Weather, and Conservation of Energy.
This edition contains unit lessons on Geology, Interactions Between Matter and Energy, and Dynamic Equilibrium: The Human Animal, Dynamic Equilibrium: Other Organisms.
Science textbook for 8th graders in South Carolina.
What is science? Is it performing experiments in a laboratory with test tubes, bottles, Bunsen burners, and other equipment? Science can happen anywhere, like at this archaeological excavation of Mendes, an ancient Egyptian city.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.