- Table View
- List View
This distinguished book is considered the most comprehensive in its field, and the author team includes the most preeminent and respected researchers in abnormal psychology today. The new 14th edition introduces a striking new design, new topics, fresh insights, streamlined writing, and a sharper focus on research in psychopathology.
This book has been providing an introduction to abnormal psychology since 1948 and remains the most authoritative survey of abnormal psychology, known for its comprehensiveness, balance of theory and practice, strong research base, and clinical sensitivity. Well-known authors Bob Carson and Jim Butcher have been authoring this book since the 6th edition in 1980 and renowned researcher Sue Mineka came onboard with the 10th edition in 1996. The focus of the 11th edition has been to retain the authoritative overview of contemporary and classic research within a more accessible framework. Features supporting this aim include Updated Research, Integrated Multicultural and Cross-Cultural Research, Accessible Organization, Highlight sections, Unresolved Issues sections, and Case Studies. The organization of Abnormal Psychology and Modern Life has to a large extent set the standard for the study of abnormal psychology.
The book presents the fundamentals of abnormal psychology and offers the most thoroughly researched and up-to-date explanation of psychopathology today.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.