- Table View
- List View
Once Upon A Time, a little girl called Claire and her stuffed unicorn, Capricorn, were very fond of fairy tales. Every night Claire's father read them stories of frog princes and fairy princesses, and every night every character lived happily ever after. Then one evening, just as a story came to its close, Claire suddenly wondered: What, exactly, makes someone happy forever? It was a question to answer as she slept. So Claire hugged Capricorn, and together they drifted into a dreamland adventure....
What Type Are You? ·Do you crave foods such as chocolate and feel you can't stop eating them? (Phenotype A = Addictive) ·Does high blood pressure run in your family? (Phenotype B = Blood pressure) ·Do you have a strong family history of heart disease? (Phenotype C = Cardiovascular) ·Do you have an apple- instead of a pear-shaped body? (Phenotype D = Diabetic) ·Do you find that food calms you down? (Phenotype E = Emotional) ·Do you suffer monthly from PMS bloat, have leftover pregnancy pounds, or a menopause tummy? (Phenotype H = Hormonal) Take the phenotype quiz and learn how to manage your weight based on your individual type! Your Personal Blueprint For Permanent Weight Loss Have you tried diet after diet only to lose weight and then gain it right back? It's easy to blame yourself for this yo-yo dieting, but the truth is that no diet works the same way for everyone. Scientists have now discovered that your genes may be making you fat! What you really need to battle the bulge is an eating plan specifically tailored to the needs of your genetic blueprint. Dr. Susan Mitchell and Dr. Catherine Christie, using cutting-edge genetic research, have created diet plans that have helped scores of clients lose weight and keep it off. In Fat Is Not Your Fate, they give you the tools you need to outsmart your own genes. An in-depth questionnaire will help you identify which of the six gene-based phenotypes best applies to you. A = Addictive B = Blood pressure C = Cardiovascular D = Diabetic E = Emotional H = Hormonal From there you'll be able to follow your own personal nutrition plan designed to satisfy your physical and emotional needs. The program can be put to work immediately and includes: ·Menu plans for when you have a lot of time and when you don't ·Your optimum caloric intake ·Your optimum fat-protein-carb balance ·Which supplements to take for best results Your plan will also detail when you should eat, which food combinations work best, how to avoid dieting pitfalls and handle relapses, how to manage environmental triggers, and the most effective ways to exercise. Having put this diet to work with scores of clients (whose testimonials appear throughout the book), Drs. Mitchell and Christie have refined a scientifically based plan that really achieves weight loss. This diet will not only get the weight off but will also improve your health, lower your risk of disease, and help you feel great. Fat Is Not Your Fate is the only book tailored to your genes and the last diet book you will ever need.
Nina, the littlest elf in Santa's workshop, doesn't finish the teddy bear she's making in time for it to get loaded onto Santa's sleigh-but, encouraged by Santa Claus himself to not give up, she works far into the night to finish it. While Santa is out delivering presents, a baby is born. Santa comes back for Nina's now-finished bear--and guess who he takes along to deliver it?From the Hardcover edition.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.