Good news for people without a four-year degree who are seeking a new or different job: The authors have sorted through the latest government job data and selected the 300 best jobs that don't require a four-year degree. Each of these jobs has high earnings, good growth potential, or many job openings. For example: *The #1 job with the best combination of pay, growth, and number of openings that doesn't require a four-year degree is Registered Nurse. It has average annual earnings of $46,410, is growing at a 25.6 percent rate, and has 140,000 openings per year. *Among the best jobs requiring moderate-term on-the-job training are Advertising Sales Agent (#1), Correctional Officer and Jailer (#4), and Roofer (#7). *The job with the highest percentage of self-employed workers that doesn't require a four-year degree is Real Estate Sales Agent (69.4%). Who Can Benefit from This Book? *People interested in exploring new, better-paying, or more interesting career options requiring less than a four-year college degree *Students researching and planning for future training and careers *Teachers and counselors helping students, graduates, and job seekers. Discover the best jobs for you in two steps! Browse the best jobs lists in Part I to find the jobs that interest you most. Then look up their information-packed descriptions in Part II for more details on earnings, growth, education or training needed, job tasks, and much more.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.