IT'S 5:30. DO YOU KNOW WHAT'S FOR DINNER? Long commutes and busy schedules leave us all wondering the same thing, but don't worry, because The 5:30 Challenge is the perfect solution to creating healthy and delicious meals in a snap! Forget the fast food and frozen packaged meals -- with just five easy-to-find ingredients you can have dinner on the table in thirty minutes or less every night, guaranteed. Based on the popular newspaper column from The Atlanta Journal-Constitution, these tasty recipes are sure to appeal to any appetite, from hearty dinner entrees to satisfying seasonal salads, zesty soups, and chilies to tantalizing stir-fries, plus pizzas, pastas, and more. You won't believe how easy it is to make great meals such as: Lamb Shanks with Tomato and Mint Filet and Portobellos with Blue Cheese Cajun Chicken Pasta Mid-Week Madness Chili Polenta and Meatball Casserole Farfalle with Smoked Salmon and Spinach Fresh Tomato and Ricotta Pizza Trout Amandine Bacon, Tomato, and Avocado Quesadillas Tex-Mex Ribs Whether you're cooking for a hungry family or whipping up something for just one or two, The 5:30 Challenge is the ideal cookbook for creating a terrific meal without spending a lot of time in the kitchen. From kid-friendly to restaurant-style, each simple, streamlined recipe is designed for maximum flavor in minimum time. Each recipe has detailed nutritional information, as well as suggestions for substituting ingredients and using easy cooking shortcuts. In addition, there are recipes for quick and tasty desserts, plus helpful tips on shopping for quality convenience products and keeping the basics on hand for a quick meal anytime. For busy home cooks, The 5:30 Challenge is the answer to eating a great dinner every night and having plenty of time to enjoy it.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.