This is the core textbook for the Certificate in Education and Training. This complete guide to the Certificate, from Learning Matters, covers all the content of the mandatory units in a reader-friendly and accessible way. The text develops the reader's practical teaching skills and, through complete coverage of the content of the qualification prepares learners to teach in a wide variety of contexts. In all chapters real life examples illustrate what the theory means in practice and a reference list gives further resources to help learners with their research and study. Relevant for all learners and all awarding organisations. The book also includes information regarding teaching practice observations and the minimum core.
Written for students of the Certificate and the Diploma in Teaching in the Lifelong Learning Sector (CTLLS and DTLLS), this title is a comprehensive course book for the popular optional unit Equality and Diversity in the Lifelong Learning Sector. It is relevant for all students, whatever their awarding organisation and whether they are taking the unit at level 3 or level 4. All Chapters are linked to the QTLS standards and provide comprehensive coverage, closely following the content of the unit, while examples and activities are included to ehnache learning. This second edition now includes 'Extension Activities' specifically for level 4 students and has been updated following the Equality Act 2010. This title will help anyone teaching in a veriety of Lifelong Learning settings and can also be used when providing in-service CPD training for staff.
This is an essential text for anyone taking the Certificate in Education and Training, no matter which awarding organisation you are registered with or who your learners are. It's readable, relevant, easy to understand and gives key advice on approaching and completing written and practical assessments. It helps all learners to understand the requirements of the qualification and to evidence their achievement towards the mandatory units. The book gives advice regarding study skills, academic writing and referencing, reflective practice, teaching practice and observations, and the minimum core. The book will: Help learners with the written assessments towards the five mandatory units of the Certificate Give guidance on how learners can demonstrate and evidence their achievement Help learners understand the requirements of observed teaching practice Give guidance on how to evidence the minimum core requirements of literacy, language, numeracy and ICT
This is an essential text for all CTLLS candidates, whatever their awarding organisation. It is specifically written around the Lifelong Learning UK mandatory units for the CTLLS qualification and provides a comprehensive guide to the assessment requirements at levels 3 and 4. Self assessment activities measure progress towards the 'Planning and Enabling Learning' and 'Principles and Practice of Assessment' mandatory units, and there are links to the PTLLS mandatory unit and the optional units. Detailed guidance on how to demonstrate and evidence competence is provided so that candidates can prepare for and complete their formal assessments with confidence.
All new teachers should be working towards 'associate' or 'full' teacher status if they teach in a further and adult teacher/training context. Planning and Enabling Learning is a core unit of the new teaching qualifications, and this book fully addresses all the required learning outcomes and content of that unit, specifically targeted at learners taking the Certificate or Diploma in Teaching in the Lifelong Learning Sector (CTLLS or DTLLS). It is easy to read, with many practical activities and examples, and the minimum core is integrated throughout. It will help anyone teaching in a variety of settings within the sector.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.