Let Good Housekeeping hold your hand, guiding you as you prepare tasty diet-friendly meals! Remember: people who eat at home tend to be thinner than those who eat out often. Even those who don't feel comfortable in the kitchen can easily make these recipes, which have all been triple-tested in the magazine's acclaimed kitchens. Most of the recipes take no more than 20 minutes from stove to table--less time than picking up calorie-laden take-out. And they're also nutritious, so they not only help you drop pounds, but also could lower the risks for heart disease, cancer, diabetes, and other ailments. But of course, vitamins and minerals don't lure dieters to the table: taste does, and these dishes are absolutely delicious. Meals such as Asparagus, Red Potato, and Romano Frittata; Salmon with Tomato-Oliver Relish; Steak and Pepper Tortillas, and Tortellini with Zucchini and Radicchio are as palate-pleasing as they are weight-reducing. And leave room for desserts like Apricot Soufflé and Seattle Cappuccino Angel Food Cake. Both veterans of the plan and newcomers will find this cookbook--which summarizes all the Supermarket Diet basics--invaluable!
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.