- Table View
- List View
Differentiated Lessons for Every Learner supports middle school teachers in teaching all students, including those with high ability. The book contains lessons in each content area with learning activities that align to the national content standards, embed ELA Common Core Standards, and correlate to DOK levels. The lesson extensions provide for active learning tailored to address multiple learning levels. Using this semi-structured process ensures differentiated learning experiences that align to the standards while also respecting that students have different interests, different methods of learning, and most importantly, that they are learning at different challenge levels. The time is now upon us to emphasize interdisciplinary learning experiences that provide real-world connections and engage students in relevant and meaningful learning. We have long known that while critical for gifted and talented students, these higher level thinking strategies benefit allstudents.
Teaching Kids with Learning Difficulties in the Regular Classroom: Ways to Challenge and Motivate Struggling Students to Achieve Proficiency with Required Standardsby Susan Winebrenner
Proven ways to help special education, "slow", and "remedial" students learn and achieve.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.