- Table View
- List View
Authors Steven and Susan Zumdahl offer all the elements instructors need for their general chemistry course. They bring a conceptual approach to chemistry and integrate problem-solving skills throughout, helping students transition from theory to practice. A strong emphasis on models, real-world applications, and visual learning prevails throughout the text. The Seventh Edition seamlessly integrates the strengths of the Zumdahl approach through a comprehensive and interwoven print and technology program. Enhanced Sample Exercises, online homework problems, and Classroom Response System content help instructors assess conceptual understanding and problem-solving skills, while new animations and images support visual learning. In addition, Houghton Mifflin offers implementation services through our TeamUP program to help instructors and students get the most out of the text and its supplements. New! Reality Checks at the end of selected Sample Exercises prompt students to ensure that their answers are reasonable. New! The expanded art program includes new electrostatic potential maps in Chapter 8, "Bonding" that illustrate bond and molecular polarity. New! The redesigned For Review section now includes bulleted key concepts for the chapter, as well as review questions of which approximately 50% are new. New! Integrative Problems in the end-of-chapter material assess students' cumulative understanding of multiple concepts and skills presented in previous chapters. End-of-chapter questions also include collaborative Active Learning Question (formerly In-Class Discussion Questions), Exercises organized by topic, Additional Exercises not keyed by topic, integrative Challenge Problems, and comprehensive Marathon Problems. New! Algorithmically-generated Test Questions as well as Conceptual Questions are available in HM Testing, all coded by level of difficulty to allow instructors to more easily choose appropriate test items. New! Animations with assignable exercises appear on the Online Study Center and Student CD. New! HM ClassPresent v.3 includes new animations and videos as well as enhanced search functionality. Eduspace Online Learning Tool features two kinds of problems: ChemWork interactive online homework and end-of-chapter algorithmic questions with links to corresponding textbook pages and media for student reference at point of learning.
The fifth edition of Chemistry presents the concepts of chemistry in a clear, interesting, and student-friendly manner. Since visual material is especially important for learning general chemistry, which typically presents a pictorial view of chemical concepts, the illustrations representing the microscopic world of chemistry have been redone in this edition to improve their clarity and appearance. Special illustrations and color photographs integrate descriptive chemistry with chemical principles, and many new Chemical Impact features emphasize practical applications of newly learned concepts.
Conceptual approach to problem-solving, high-quality end-of-chapter problems, student friendly writing style and a strong emphasis on models and real-world applications are the highlights of this Chemistry 6th Edition. The new Media Enhanced Edition provides students with easy access to the media resources that support the goals of the text.
Authors bring a conceptual approach to chemistry and integrate problem-solving skills throughout, helping students transition from theory to practice. A strong emphasis on models, real-world applications, and visual learning prevails throughout the text.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.