- Table View
- List View
Everyone Remembers the Elephant in the Pink Tutu: How to Promote and Publicize Your Business with Impact and Styleby Mary Maloney Cronin Suzanne Caplan
From the Book Jacket: "If you lined up 100 gray elephants in the desert... ...and discovered that one of them was wearing a pink tutu, which one would you be curious about? Which one would you remember? They're all elephants; one is just packaged in bright colors. Read on and find out how you can become a standout! "An idea well-positioned and well-executed: This is what great PR is all about. And this is what this book is about as well -how to take what may seem like an ordinary event, product, or service, and turn it into an attention-getter. "You will learn how to identify your 'hook' and how to position yourself with the media so that you will get maximum and favorable coverage. The public (your customers and clients) will be impressed, and you can turn a low-cost and fun exercise into sales and profits. "Every company has the potential to accomplish this. , ff You must simply find your own tutu and get out and dance! Everyone Remembers the Elephant in the Pink Tutu How to Promote and Publicize Your Business with Impact and Style ...is for every business owner or manager who believes that his or her company is not interesting enough, or that he or she doesn't have the time, money, or knowledge to mount an effective publicity campaign. All business owners need to get their companies publicized is a little creativity, a little motivation, and an elephant in a pink tutu...a unique identity consistent with why your customers deal with you. Written in an engaging, lively tone, Everyone Remembers the Elephant in the Pink Tutu provides readers with step-by-step information that will motivate them to get started promoting their business-and stick to it without spending a fortune, and often without the help of a tutu expert (publicist). MARY MALONEY CRONIN, after experiencing two rounds of corporate downsizing, donned a pink tutu and started Cronin Communications, Inc., a marketing, communication, and growth consulting firm for small businesses. She frequently speaks on the subject of publicity, marketing, and communication. SUZANNE CAPLAN, prior to starting her consulting business, spent 21 years as the CEO of Pittsburgh Glove Manufacturing, a family-owned business. She is an active speaker and author of Saving Your Small Business, A Piece of the Action, and A Small Business Insider's Guide to Bankers.
Solid advice on all aspects of starting a business, from writing the business plan, to finding customers, to managing costs and turning a profit.
The credit and collection function of any business is the nerve center of the Company. If proper records aren't kept and receivables closely monitored, a Company will have difficulty maintaining its cash flow and Operations. Streetwise[Registered] Credit and Collections provides you with the skills to manage your company's financial obligations, collect due payments, and avoid falling into debt.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the "Using Bookshare" page in the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivona's Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.