The original CliffsNotes study guides offer a look into key elements and ideas within classic works of literature.CliffsNotes on The Giver explores a world in which disease, hunger, poverty, war, and lasting pain simply don't exist. The members of this utopia have given up all human emotions and memories to live in a state of Sameness.Following the story of a 12-year-old boy who recognizes the hypocrisy of his community's "social order" - and who crafts a way to free everyone from the bane of Sameness, this study guide provides summaries and critical commentaries for each chapter within the novel. Other features that help you figure out this important work includePersonal background on the author, Lois LowryIntroduction to and synopsis of the bookCharacter descriptionsCritical essays on the author's themes, style, language, and moreReview section that features interactive questions and suggested essay topicsSelected bibliography and list of critical worksClassic literature or modern-day treasure -- you'll understand it all with expert information and insight from CliffsNotes study guides.
The original CliffsNotes study guides offer expert commentary on major themes, plots, characters, literary devices, and historical background. The latest generation of titles in this series also features glossaries and visual elements that complement the classic, familiar format.CliffsNotes on Aeneid takes you on the journey of a band of survivors who leave their destroyed city to seek another home in a faraway country. Woven from myth and legend, the story is about rebirth, about life springing forth from ruin and death.This study guide will help navigate the voyages of the Trojans and uncover their significance in Virgil's time and today. You'll also gain insight into the life and cultural background of the author. Other features that help you study includeCharacter analyses of major playersA character map that graphically illustrates the relationships among the charactersCritical essaysA review section that tests your knowledgeA Resource Center full of books, articles, films, and Internet sitesClassic literature or modern modern-day treasure -- you'll understand it all with expert information and insight from CliffsNotes study guides.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.