- Table View
- List View
Michael Strike is captain of both the school soccer and chess teams. He's got his eye on fellow soccer player and overachiever Miriah, the founder of the youth organization War Orphans of the World. Miriah is quick to befriend a new student, Zahir Jamiat, who has recently moved from the Middle East, but Michael sees the newcomer as a rival. When Michael works up to confronting Zahir, he discovers they have more in common that he initially thought. Corner Kick is a much-needed story of tolerance and friendship.
Can Jack's hockey team adapt to his Grandpa P.J.'s old-school methods when he becomes their coach?
Matt and his teammates are disappointed when their favourite track coach can no longer lead the school team. But, their new coach is from the Riders dream team of elite athletes who have the potential to become "real" runners.
When Matt is too late to register for his new school's hockey team, he decides to join the cross-country running club instead. At first it's every one for themselves--no one runs with the pack, until finally a new coach demonstrates that tough competitors know the value of teamwork. When the championship finals arrive pouring rain makes the course a slippery mess, and forces the runners to make some hard choices. Mud Run is a fast-paced, humorous story about team spirit and taking life one step at a time.
Matt Thompson is in trouble again. A rare old book about legendary track star Alfie Shrubb has gone missing from the local museum, and all fingers point to Matt. To make matters worse, his new running club won't be running in the annual race named after Shrubb, but is instead volunteering. With help of his friends and a former Olympic runner with serious challenges of his own, Matt tries to clear his name. He also learns again what it means to be a runner in this follow up to Mud Run and Mud Happens.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.