From the book jacket: Guess who's going to summer camp with Danny? His friend the dinosaur. An expert at foot races and football, and happy to help when weary hikers need a lift, this gigantic camper is a huge hit. Since the publication of Danny and the Dinosaur in 1958, the popular pair has been a favorite for beginning readers everywhere, who, like Danny, love the dinosaur as much for the measure of his size as for the largeness of his heart. Those who enjoy this book may also want to read "Happy Birthday, Danny and the Dinosaur!" (also available from Bookshare). This file should make an excellent embossed braille copy. AGES 3-7
School Library Journal: Hoff continues the story from where he left it 37 years ago. Danny returns to the museum to invite his dinosaur friend to his sixth birthday party. As in the original book, the dinosaur does things with his own unique twist, providing the humor beginning readers will enjoy. Though the illustrations are now fully colored, the characters and their expressions leave no doubt that these are the same friends from the pastwith a bright future and deserving a spot on beginning-reader shelves. --Gale W. Sherman, Pocatello Public Library, ID "Danny and the Dinosaur" and "Danny and the Dinosaur Go to Camp" are also available from Bookshare.org. This file should make an excellent embossed braille copy.
A new animal is needed for the circus. Will it be an elephant? A lion? NO, it's a talking gorilla. For young readers, especially good for blind parents with sighted children who may enjoy the pictures in the printed book.
Freddy has moved into a new house and goes in search of friends to play with. An Early I Can Read Book.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.