- Table View
- List View
Including The Importance of Being Earnest, An Ideal Husband, A Woman of No Importance, Lady Windermere's Fan, and Salomé, this collection showcases Wilde's brilliance and timeless wit.
The story of an ancient Roman soldier whose political machinations and military might gain him heroic status, but ultimately lead to his assassination.
Critical Thinking, Reading, and Writing is a compact but complete guide to critical thinking and argumentation. Comprising the text portion of the widely adopted Current Issues and Enduring Questions, it draws on the authors' dual expertise in effective persuasive writing and comprehensive rhetorical strategies to help students move from critical thinking to argumentative and researched writing. With comprehensive coverage of classic and contemporary approaches to argument, including Aristotle, Toulmin, and a range of alternative views, as well as 35 readings and a casebook on the state and the individual, it is an extraordinarily versatile text. This affordable guide can stand alone or supplement a larger anthology of readings.
The greatest works of tragedy from the Bard, this book features Hamlet, Othello, King Lear and Macbeth.
Shakespeare's histories--containing within their crowded tableaux all of the tragedies, confusions, and beauties of human life--are not only drama of the highest order. They also serve as windows through which generations have made themselves familiar with crucial episodes in English history. Included are: Henry VI, Parts 1, 2, and 3; Richard III; and King John.
Wilde's wittiest One thing happens when you read Oscar Wilde's "The Importance of Being Earnest"; you are amazed to remember that this play was authored over 100 years ago. For most plays of that era, the average reader tends to lose references and it tends to be stodgy and irrelevant. Not so Earnest, due to the brilliance and imagination of it's playwright.
Literature for Composition is a versatile anthology which has both diverse selections and excellent coverage of writing instruction. The book begins with six chapters on the reading and writing process, followed by a section on literary works and forms, a section on argument, and a thematic anthology. The new edition features updated casebooks on prominent writers as well as a new mini-casebook on The Titanic.
Addressed primarily to students in art history courses, the author has much to say on good writing, as he supports it with well-chosen samples. Emphasis on asking the right kind of question when viewing art.
The best-selling guide to writing about art, Sylvan Barnet's A Short Guide to Writing About Art guides students through every aspect of writing about art. Students are shown how to analyze pictures (drawings, paintings, photographs), sculptures and architecture, and are prepared with the tools they need to present their ideas through effective writing. Coverage of essential writing assignments includes formal analysis, comparison, research paper, review of an exhibition, and essay examination. New to the 11th edition is a chapter on "Virtual Exhibitions: Writing Text Panels and Other Materials. " MySearchLab is a part of the Barnet program. Research and writing tools, including access to academic journals, helps students master basic writing skills.
The Newly Revised Signet Classic Shakespeare Series The work of the world's greatest dramatist edited by outstanding scholars The Winter's Tale.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the "Using Bookshare" page in the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivona's Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.