- Table View
- List View
The Semantic Web is a new area of research and development in the field of computer science that aims to make it easier for computers to process the huge amount of information on the web, and indeed other large databases, by enabling them not only to read, but also to understand the information. Based on successful courses taught by the authors, and liberally sprinkled with examples and exercises, this comprehensive textbook describes not only the theoretical issues underlying the Semantic Web, but also algorithms, optimisation ideas and implementation details. The book will therefore be valuable to practitioners as well as students, indeed to anyone who is interested in Internet technology, knowledge engineering or description logics. Supplementary materials available online include the source code of program examples and solutions to selected exercises.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the "Using Bookshare" page in the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivona's Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.