- Table View
- List View
BArbour republishes for favorite Christmas short novels in this anthology for 2005: Strawberry Angel by Pamela Griffin: Noelle accidentally dyes her hair a shocking strawberry pink, which is the catalyst that brings two adorable homeless children and their sick mother into her life. It also reunites her with Todd, her high school crush. With Christmas coming, Todd helps Noelle build a set and direct rehearsals for a play at the women's shelter where she volunteers. Can this strawberry Christmas" be one to remember? Angel Charm by Tamela Hancock Murray: Charm school owner Lydia Winters is known as one of the most engaging woman at her church. Yet despite her prayers, the Lord hasnt seen fit to send her a godly husband. But when her high school sweetheart Drake Kingston, now a widower with a rebellious daughter in tow, returns to town, can the flame reignite with the help of a child's crafted angel? Or will Lydia once again discover she shouldn't play with fire? Angel on the Doorstep by Sandra Petit: Finding a stray crocheted angel gives Moira Sullivan the idea to make some angels of her own, which she delivers anonymously to every person on the hard working staff at First Christian Church. When Joe Corrigan discovers Moira is the secret gift giver, he coerces her into letting him help with the project. Will this forced togetherness bring them closer together or farther apart? An Angel for Everyone by Gail Sattler: Kim is pleased with the beaded angel ornaments she's made as party favors for the church's annual Christmas party until Trent points out that there won't be 30 people attending, but 300. When the shock wears off and Trent offers to help make more, Kim doesn't know whether to be happy or terrified. She's tried to get Trent's attention for years, but He's never taken her seriously. Will his participation now make things better or worse?
ABIGAIL'S FUTURE LOOKS BLEAK. Although a member of Britain's aristocracy Abigail has led a sheltered life in her father's manor house. Then, she discovers the arranged marriage her father has planned.
The Roaring Twenties comes to a very small town At a time when most American girls are dreaming of bobbed hair and flapper dresses, Hestia Myatt dreams only of becoming a doctor. On a visit to Maiden, North Carolina, to care for an ailing aunt, Hestia becomes reacquainted with a handsome former classmate, Booth Barrington. Things are going well for Hestia until her glamorous cousin, Selene, mysteriously arrives from New York. Selene turns the heads of every bachelor in town and she seems to have set her sights on Booth. Will Hestia become resentful of her cousin, who can talk of nothing but speakeasies and wild soires? Or can Hestias maidenly influence convince Selene to change her world weary ways?
Content with where life finds her, Drusie happily plans her future with Gladdie, her handsome fiance. Gladdie has a dream to own the store he works in, but money is hard to come by in Sunshine Holler, North Carolina. And then Gladdie's cousin, a successful record producer, hears Drusie sing and offers her the chance of a lifetime. Gladdie doesn't know what to think when Drusie and her sister head to the city to make a record and go on tour. Drusie says she's only doing this to help him buy that store. But what will happen when she hits the big time-and when other men start to appreciate his girl? Can their homespun romance survive a tangle with the glamor and excitement of city life and show business? Or will the underside of that business tear them apart?
Faithfully helping her married sister on the family farm, Vera sees childhood friends fall in love and marry. But no one shows any interest in Vera - no one, that is, until that dashing Bryon Gates arrives in their small town to visit his friend Clarence. Tales of Byron's past flirtations and love of gambling soon circulate, but while other questions his motives, Vera trusts that his interest in her is sincere and that his resolve to follow God and change his ways is firm. But when unsavory characters confront Byron, demanding payment for debts he never incurred, Vera's life is threatened. Will Byron's past end any hopes for his and Vera's future, or will Vera finally gain her turn for love?
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.