- Table View
- List View
Brilliantly rendered drawings show the everyday events that make cities come alive. A simple text details the bus's path and riders, while a subtext challenges children to find a variety of objects and people. Gomi's pictures are beautifully composed, and will appeal to children for their simplicity and to adults for their strong graphics.
In this sly activity book from celebrated international favorite Taro Gomi, young readers will delight to find hidden objects amidst familiar characters. When a crocodile's dangerous smile can become a shiny toothbrush and a butterfly's camouflage transforms into adorable heart shapes, there's no telling what comes next! Kids will love learning that not everything in this world is as it seems. Sure to be a hit during both storytime and playtime!
In this delightful ebook from international favorite Taro Gomi, two chicks embark on a quest to track down their mommy. But appearances can be deceiving, and the chicks stumble across several lookalikes before finally finding their mother hen. Young readers will love attempting their own search-and-find for signs of the missing chicken, and both parents and children will appreciate this book's sweet, reassuring message.
Vibrant illustrations and a simple, rhythmic text are perfectly blended in this spirited homage to friendship as a little girl recounts all the things she has learned from an enchanting menagerie of animal friends: "I learned to run from my friend the horse. I learned to sing from my friends the birds. I learned to read from my friends the books. And I learned to love from a friend like you."The bold graphic design and brightly colored illustrations that have become the trademark of Taro Gomi's work will appeal to both children and adults.
Vibrantes ilustraciones y con un texto simple y rítmico se mezclan perfectamente en este enérgico homenaje a la amistad, como una niña relata todas las cosas que ella ha aprendido de un encantador grupo de animales amigos: "He aprendido a ejecutar desde mi amigo el caballo. Aprendí a cantar de mis amigos las aves. Aprendí a leer de mis amigos los libros. Y aprendí a amar a un amigo como tú."El audaz diseño gráfico e ilustraciones de colores brillantes que se han convertido en la marca del trabajo de Taro Gomi apelará a niños y adultos.
A winsome calf provides the backdrop--literally--for this charming story. With each turn of the page, the young animal is imaginatively transformed to reflect some activity of the four seasons: snow melting, seedlings springing up, harvest, all the way to the snow melting again and revealing that--the calf has grown. The story line follows the cycle of the seasons from one spring to the next, and its spare, fluid text--wedded to the vigorous graphics--vividly conveys the underlying themes of renewal and growth. The colors are joyful and fresh, and the artist's playful approach to perspective makes this a lovely picture book.
Un ternero bonito proporciona el fondo - literalmente - para este cuento encantador. Con cada doblada de pàgina, el animal joven se transforme imaginativamente para reflejar un cambio de las cuatro temporadas: nieve derritiendose, semillas brotando, la cosecha, regresando a la nieve derritiendose de nuevo, y revelando que el ternero ha crecido. El cuento sigue el ciclo de las temporadas de una primavera a la proxima, y su texto fluido y minimo - en combinacion con las ilustraciones vigorosos - trasmite vividamente los temas subyacentes de la renovación y el crecimiento. Los colores son alegres y juguetónes, y el enfoque lucido del artista con la perspectiva resulta en un libro lindisimo.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.