- Table View
- List View
This second edition provides the most comprehensive guide to the field of coaching, exploring a range of coaching theories and approaches, genres and settings, and professional issues. It supports trainees and professionals to identify and develop a personal style of coaching. Its three parts cover: The theoretical traditions underpinning coaching such as cognitive-behavioural, Gestalt and existential Contexts and genres such as life, executive, peer, team and career coaching Professional issues such as ethics, supervision, continuing professional development, standards and mental-health issues. Written by leading international authors, each chapter makes links between theory and practice and includes discussion questions to facilitate reflection on the topic, further reading suggestions, and case studies. This new edition includes completely revised and updated chapters throughout, an additional emphasis on cross-cultural coaching and new chapters on Health and Wellness Coaching and Researching Coaching. The handbook is a unique resource that has helped thousands of practitioners and trainees from a variety of professions and multi-disciplinary backgrounds, including health, education, business and management and psychology, throughout their coaching career.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the "Using Bookshare" page in the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivona's Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.