"How unusual is it, really, in the history of all known human experience, to enjoy the blessing of living free?" The answer may surprise you. In The Miracle of Freedom, Chris and Ted Stewart make a strong case that fewer than 5 percent of all people who have ever lived on the earth have lived under conditions that we could consider "free." So where did freedom come from, and how are we fortunate enough to experience it in our day? "A deeper look at the human record," write the authors, "reveals a series of critical events, obvious forks in the road leading to very different outcomes, that resulted in this extraordinary period in which we live." They identify and discuss seven decisive tipping points: 1. The defeat of the Assyrians in their quest to destroy the kingdom of Judah. 2. The victory of the Greeks over the Persians at Thermopylae and Salamis. 3. Roman Emperor Constantine's conversion to Christianity. 4. The defeat of the armies of Islam at Poitiers. 5. The failure of the Mongols in their effort to conquer Europe. 6. The discovery of the New World. 7. The Battle of Britain in World War II. The journey to freedom has been thousands of years long. Now that it has found its place in the world, the question for those of us who experience its benefits is simply this: Will we work to preserve the miracle of freedom that we enjoy today?
There was a time when it was accepted that America was a God-blessed land, that God ruled the fate of this nation and raised up great leaders when they were most desperately needed to assure that our history would unfold as He desired. Do we still believe this is true? Bestselling author Chris Stewart and his brother, Utah Federal District Court Judge Ted Stewart, present seven significant events in American history to show how God has provided miracles to sustain and protect this nation at critical times. From Columbus's discovery of the New World, to the amazing events at the World War II battle of Midway, to the miracle that saved President Ronald Reagan and allowed him to play a key role in smashing the Iron Curtain, the authors provide little- known details of events that literally changed the future of the world events that give us assurance that God does watch over this country. And, as we struggle through difficult times, we have reason to hope that He will continue to bless us.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.