- Table View
- List View
In this highly anticipated follow-up to White Trash Damaged, Cass and Tucker have finally found their happily ever after, but can Eric, the band's brooding drummer, ever let go of his past and find love? From a small-town boy with fantasies of superstardom to rock star on tour with the suddenly famous band Damaged, Eric's life has not been an easy journey. Now he struggles to let go of his past of physical abuse, a past that still haunts him. His anger is causing him to spiral out of control and he risks losing everything he has worked so hard for. Only one person has ever gotten him to open up about his past: Sarah, the lead singer of Filth, the opening act on their first national tour--a fellow rocker with a confident façade that masks her own painful secrets. But their bands' rocky past and Sarah's tumultuous relationship with her bandmate and boyfriend Derek force her to keep Eric at a distance. As their friendship begins to grow into something more, Eric has to find a way to let go of his tortured past, or it could jeopardize his only chance for a happy future...
First in a stunning new trilogy by New York Times bestselling author Teresa Mummert."I'm not naive. I know I don't get the happily ever after. My knight in shining armor took the highway detour around this god forsaken shit hole. I've made peace with that. That doesn't mean I'm going to lay down like a doormat and let every cocky prick in the trailer park have his way with me."Cass lives a depressing life in a small trailer park in Eddington, Georgia, with her mother and abusive boyfriend Jackson. She works hard to barely make ends meet. But everything changes when Tucker White, the lead singer in the band Damaged, walks into her diner. He tries to show her that there is more to life than the hand she has been dealt, but Cass soon learns that being with Tucker will come at a high price.
The romantic and poignant second novel in the stunning trilogy by a New York Times bestselling author about a down-and-out waitress who's swept off her feet by a rock star. Cass has experienced more tragedy and heartbreak than most do in their entire lifetime. Out of poverty and abuse she was able to find love, but fear kept her from being able to accept that she deserved it. Tucker struggles to show her what life can be like for them outside of the trailer park, but not everyone is accepting of their new relationship. Can Cass let go of her past and find a future with Tucker while discovering who she's meant to be?
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.