- Table View
- List View
Kentucky-born Clay meets Roads, a beatnik college drop-out with pretensions of being the next Kerouac. Suddenly Clay doesn't want to stay in Owensboro, become a mechanic and marry a hick girl from town. He wants to be like Allen Ginsberg, Coltrane, Miles Davis. Clay finds himself in New York City trying to make it. But America is hit by a string of horrifying events - the Cuban Missile Crisis, JFK's assassination, the Vietnam War. Is there a place for a literary life in times of political unrest? Any Day Now is an absorbing story of love, war and experimentation in '60s America.
While staying with their hippie grandparents, ten-year-old twins, Tod and Tessa, discover an unusual shop at the nearby mall, where they find a lie-detecting electronic pet, a Do-Right machine, and other alien gadgets which help them foil their nemeses, the evil Gneiss twins.
Alone in the world, young Boba Fett must go forth on his path to become a bounty hunter -- even if it means escaping from the evil Count Dooku and getting caught in the midst of the famous Clone Wars.
Boba Fett is back -- and he's a kid with some major, major issues. This series will follow Boba Fett from Episode II onward -- consider him the anti-Jedi apprentice.
The evolution of the ultimate badguy: one of the most popular Star Wars characters ever comes to life in this spin-off from Episode II. Now in paperback. Boba Fett is the son (and clone) of Jango Fett, the most dangerous bounty hunter in the galaxy. But when Jango is killed, Boba must fend for himself -- against some very powerful enemies.
Boba Fett enters the Clone Wars in this action-packed installment in the NY Times best-selling Boba Fett series...now in paperback! Alone in the world, young Boba Fett must go forth on his path to become a bounty hunter -- even if it means escaping from the evil Count Dooku and getting caught in the midst of the famous Clone Wars.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.