This little work is designed to bring you back, again and again, to refresh your view and attitude to life, living and everything in between. You will find no easy answers to your dilemmas here, rather an alternative view of how to approach them. Or to be honest, just Sir Terry's view. You never know, you might even agree with him... THE LITTLE BOOK OF COMMON SENSE will cover Sir Terry's views on: Life: One day at a time. But look where you're going. Particularly on a bike... Talk: Keep it short and to the point. You don't want people to think you're a politician. The most popular person at a party is the good listener. Particularly at an Irish party. Money: Save or spend? Risk is for derivative and hedge-fund wonks. And it's not their money, anyway. Hold on to your hard-earned ha'pennies - your children are going to need them. And everything else in-between...
In a magical mix of the personal and the political, the humorous and the tragic, the historic and the modern, this book photographically follows Terry Wogan on a return to his native land. Terry left Ireland in the late 1960s, after a childhood in Limerick dominated by the Catholic Church. Here, we see through Terry's eyes how the country has changed since then. He rediscovers its rugged coastline and the spectacular views he remembers from childhood holidays. He revisits old haunts, and hooks up with long-lost friends, colleagues, and fellow ex-pats, enjoying the nostalgia evoked by these experiences. But he doesn't shy away from the more complicated responses that led him to seek his fortunes elsewhere, as he also explains during the course of the book why he had to leave it all behind. The series will reflect the man himself: witty and urbane, relaxed yet engaging. But it will also reveal an unfamiliar Wogan-passionate, serious, investigative, and sometimes very emotional.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.