- Table View
- List View
Install, configure, and support Windows XP Professional with definitive technical guidance from the Microsoft Windows team and two industry veterans. This official RESOURCE KIT has been fully updated and revised--with coverage of Windows XP Service Pack 2, featuring Advanced Security Technologies, along with new chapters on managing software updates, the Windows Firewall, and wireless networking. You'll also find 120+ timesaving administrative tools and scripts--plus additional content and eBooks--on the CD. It's everything you need to help maximize the performance and reliability of your business desktops--and help reduce ownership and support costs. Get in-depth guidance on how to: Plan, customize, and troubleshoot your deployment Use Group Policy and IntelliMirror technologies to manage users and network resources Administer disks, file systems, devices, print services, and digital media Manage authentication, authorization, access control, and EFS Configure TCP/IP, IP addressing, name resolution, and remote networking services NEW--Configure wireless networking protocols and standards; apply best practices for support NEW--Implement the boot-time security feature and other Windows Firewall enhancements NEW--Design and deploy a software update management strategy Apply expert strategies to diagnose and resolve system problems faster CD inside Resource Kit tools and eBooks inside! CD features: 120+ tools and utilities for administering Windows-based clients and servers Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Automating and Customizing Installations eBook Microsoft Encyclopedia of Networking, Second Edition eBook Microsoft Encyclopedia of Security eBook Fully searchable eBook of the complete RESOURCE KIT A Note Regarding the CD or DVD The print version of this book ships with a CD or DVD. For those customers purchasing one of the digital formats in which this book is available, we are pleased to offer the CD/DVD content as a free download via O'Reilly Media's Digital Distribution services. To download this content, please visit O'Reilly's web site, search for the title of this book to find its catalog page, and click on the link below the cover image (Examples, Companion Content, or Practice Files). Note that while we provide as much of the media content as we are able via free download, we are sometimes limited by licensing restrictions. Please direct any questions or concerns to email@example.com.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.