- Table View
- List View
Install, configure, and support Windows XP Professional with definitive technical guidance from the Microsoft Windows team and two industry veterans. This official RESOURCE KIT has been fully updated and revised--with coverage of Windows XP Service Pack 2, featuring Advanced Security Technologies, along with new chapters on managing software updates, the Windows Firewall, and wireless networking. You'll also find 120+ timesaving administrative tools and scripts--plus additional content and eBooks--on the CD. It's everything you need to help maximize the performance and reliability of your business desktops--and help reduce ownership and support costs. Get in-depth guidance on how to: Plan, customize, and troubleshoot your deployment Use Group Policy and IntelliMirror technologies to manage users and network resources Administer disks, file systems, devices, print services, and digital media Manage authentication, authorization, access control, and EFS Configure TCP/IP, IP addressing, name resolution, and remote networking services NEW--Configure wireless networking protocols and standards; apply best practices for support NEW--Implement the boot-time security feature and other Windows Firewall enhancements NEW--Design and deploy a software update management strategy Apply expert strategies to diagnose and resolve system problems faster CD inside Resource Kit tools and eBooks inside! CD features: 120+ tools and utilities for administering Windows-based clients and servers Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Automating and Customizing Installations eBook Microsoft Encyclopedia of Networking, Second Edition eBook Microsoft Encyclopedia of Security eBook Fully searchable eBook of the complete RESOURCE KIT A Note Regarding the CD or DVD The print version of this book ships with a CD or DVD. For those customers purchasing one of the digital formats in which this book is available, we are pleased to offer the CD/DVD content as a free download via O'Reilly Media's Digital Distribution services. To download this content, please visit O'Reilly's web site, search for the title of this book to find its catalog page, and click on the link below the cover image (Examples, Companion Content, or Practice Files). Note that while we provide as much of the media content as we are able via free download, we are sometimes limited by licensing restrictions. Please direct any questions or concerns to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.