- Table View
- List View
AN INSPIRED PRESENTATION OF THE AMERICAN STORY The American Republic to 1877 immerses middle school students in the richearly history of their country. The program includes the finest scholarship andthe most up-to-date maps from the world-renowned National Geographic. Features* Foldables--student-made three-dimensional graphic organizers--area unique strategy that helps students read effectively and also can be used asassessment or study tools. Asthey work with these manipulatives, students are fully involved in learning,studying, and reviewing important concepts. * The extensive use of graphics, maps, and photography creates a visual/verbalapproach that appeals to all your students. * TIME Notebooks allow students to step into the past, learning abouteveryday life in various periods and the "hot topics" of different eras. * Chapter-opening Why it Matters features show students the connectionsbetween life in early America and their lives today. * National Geographic's Geography and History features show students how geography and eventsintertwine to create the history of a location or nation. * The program emphasizes skill development--from reading maps to analyzingprimary and secondary sources to exploring the connections between history andgeography, economics, government, citizenship, and current events.
The content of this course focuses on the political, economic, and social events that have shaped the United States. The textbook includes a variety of tools designed to help students to be successful as they study U.S. history.
World geography, world cultures...a world students can understand in Exploring Our Worldis a middle school program co-authored by National Geographic. This program introduces students to an enriched view of the interrelationships of geography, history, economics, government, citizenship, and current events--in one compelling package. A strong geographic thread is interwoven with history, government, and current events to analyze different regions of the world and the issues they face. Suitable for a world geography or world cultures class,Exploring Our Worldis available as a full survey; Eastern Hemisphere; and Western Hemisphere, Europe, and Russia.
Glencoe World History is a full-survey world history program authored by a world-renowned historian, Jackson Spielvogel, and the National Geographic Society. Experiencing world history and understanding its relevance to the modern world is the goal of this program. The program addresses the importance of motivating students and engaging them in meaningful learning--learning that links the past with issues confronting young people today.
Journey Across Time is a middle school world history program organized chronologically from the first humans and ancient civilizations to the present. It contains a wealth of information.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.