- Table View
- List View
Who is Jesus Christ, really? What was his life about? Our thorough, full-color revision of the popular Jesus of History, Christ of Faith invites students to explore the life of Jesus through a Christological study of the New Testament. The student text for ninth and tenth graders first considers the New Testament as a whole, particularly the Gospels, and explains the Jewish historical, religious, and cultural world into which Jesus was born. Using the Gospels as the primary source, the text explores Jesus' birth, early life, and ministry; then it focuses on the scriptural accounts of his death, the Resurrection, the Ascension, and Pentecost, and on their central significance for the Church's understanding of Jesus as the Christ, the Son of God. Award: Jesus of History, Christ of Faith won the 1999 Certificate of Merit for the Premier Print Award from the Printing Industries of America. Chosen from thousands of entries, the Premier Print Award goes to those firms who demonstrate a unique ability to create visual masterpieces.
As young teens begin to understand the rich heritage of Catholicism,they need a text that engages them at their stage of life. The one- or two-semester course Understanding Catholic Christianity offers a comprehensive overview of Catholicism for ninth graders that gives these teens a foundation in their religion. Through engaging stories, writings by teens, and inspiring original artwork,the material in this course comes alive for students. This extensively revised edition of Understanding Catholic Christianity was developed using the Catechism of the Catholic Church,and covers topics that include faith, the adolescent, the Jewish roots of Catholic Christianity, Jesus Christ's life, ministry, death, and Resurrection, the sacraments and the liturgical year, and spirituality and prayer. Awards: Understanding Catholic Christianity was awarded second place in the category of Educational Books by the Catholic Press Association in 1997. It also won the 1997 Certificate of Merit for the Premier Print Award from the Printing Industries of America. Chosen from thousands of entries, the Premier Print Award goes to those firms who demonstrate a unique ability to create visual masterpieces.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.