- Table View
- List View
Confessions of a Gypsy Yogini is a tale of experience through mistakes, learning the hard way. It is a guidebook to help find ourselves, offering a fresh approach to traditional teachings in a non-adulterated way, adapted to modern characters. Presented within the Buddhist framework, it will draw the reader closer to seeing things as they truly are, assisting in ascertaining and validating our inherent beauty and combating any feeling of worthlessness while acknowledging anxiety as a part of the path. To overcome negative perceptions, we need to study our confusion and find tools to clear some of it away. Learning how to meditate begins the road to healing and training in various simple formulas directs us to becoming better people. We can meet life's challenges with humor and triumph over them.Included are several opinions of major Tibetan Teachers:Confessions of a Gypsy Yogini is a vivifying account of the ambrosia-like Buddhist path with brilliant imagery and clear voices of many renowned Masters recorded by the author, who lived at the feet of one of the greatest Tibetan Masters of meditation for 17 years at the epicenter of unfolding events of Dharma that crossed many oceans. May this volume reach many to ignite the light of love and wisdom - the true meaning of Dharma - in the hearts of many.Tulku Thondup RinpocheMarcia [Dechen Wangmo] has followed many great lamas, some of the best of this century. Her account of her experience as an American amidst this older generation of lamas is quite important for Dharma students from the West.Dzongsar Khyentse Rinpoche
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.