- Table View
- List View
"It's a perfect circle, Chris. The god receives his audience, the grid receives the power--and we light up Chicago."After the perilous retrieval of a long-dormant god from Iraq, Chris Copeland--professional god hunter and company troubleshooter--is about ready to quit his job. But his employers at the Registry have other plans...plans to build a power facility on the shores of Lake Michigan. Adam Shailer, a rising star at the Registry, thinks he can cage the god, drain its energy, and power the city.It's Chris's job to make sure nothing goes wrong. And at first, everything seems fine. Great, even. But when ecstatic devotees start leaving human sacrifices on the beach near the god-house, it quickly becomes clear that the god is not as contained as the Registry would have everyone believe. The devil's in the wires, and there's no turning back now.
Registry field op Chris Copeland arrives in Hungary on a routine mission: find a sacred spot, lay down a wire grid, and capture a full flask of a god's energy. But when his arrogant new partner, Adam Shailer, sabotages the wires, things go very, very wrong. The god manifests as a mirror image of Chris himself. Chris quickly destroys the god and, for the good of the company and his own career, buries the evidence.Six years later, Shailer is a rising star among the energy industry's corporate elite, while Chris has taken a break from operations. But when a mysterious serial killer begins stalking Budapest--a psychopath who bears an eerie resemblance to Chris--the operative is forced back into the field.With the help of Anna Ganz, a brusque, chain-smoking Hungarian detective, Chris tracks the monster across the globe. Only the real danger isn't a killer on the outside ... it's Chris's treacherous colleagues at the Registry, who refuse to acknowledge the terrifying forces they've unleashed in the name of profit--forces whose origins lead back to the dawn of man ... and beyond.
Harper Voyager USA, part of the global science fiction and fantasy imprint of HarperCollins, presents Voyager, a free ebook sampler with excerpts from 15 new or upcoming releases, as well as an introduction from New York Times bestselling author Richard Kadrey.You'll find:An Introduction from Richard KadreyExcerpts fromThorn Jack by Katherine HarbourThe Stolen by Bishop O'ConnellThe God Hunter by Tim LeesSoda Pop Soldier by Nick ColeThe Getaway God by Richard KadreyOnce Upon a Rhyme by Jack HeckelDemon by Erik WilliamsThe Witch With No Name by Kim HarrisonClockwork Dagger by Beth CatoSuperheroes Anonymous by Lexie DunneAsylum Tales Part I: Demon's Fury by Jocelynn DrakeFish Tails by Sherri TepperBlack Dog by Caitlin KittredgeMetrophage by Richard KadreyOn Her Majesty's Behalf by Joseph Nassise
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.